Author Topic: 48V 1000W rear 28" no space for fork  (Read 13690 times)

Offline biohazardman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: 48V 1000W rear 28" no space for fork
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 09:59:55 PM »
G'day Nuvola,

Can you take the nuts off the side of the first picture and take a picture looking into the gear for us so we can see if it is off centre. See picture below for more comments.

Muzza.
I would need to take the wheel off to get a decent shot of the the pic you request.  I have only one good arm now at about 70% to work with at the moment so a bit hard to do.  I can say however that on the wire side with the freewheel you will need a washer to extend just past the freewheel so the dropout will clear the frame.  On the other side you will need a much longer spacer or washers to extend out just past the point where the flats are on the axle.  I had to spread my drop outs apart slightly to make things fit once this was done.  The spacers that extend into the motor need to be centered before you tighten things up or you will get a grinding sound until things wear in far enough to not touch. This link to the ES forum has more pics and info that may help you.  The GM site has links for the install of the motor.  Good luck.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6159
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 02:49:21 AM by biohazardman »

Offline e-lmer

• Technical Officer
  • Master of Magic
    • My page
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 04:29:04 AM »
I am not sure that you guys see just what he is talking about.

With the stock nut and included washers on the axle on the
freewheel side the axle is flush with the nut.

It appears that they left too much room on the wired side
at the expense of the freewheel side.

It seems like this is a warranty replacement issue.

Has someone taken a rear wheel apart enough
to see if the axle can be shifted over?

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 11:27:56 AM »
I am not sure that you guys see just what he is talking about.

It seems like this is a warranty replacement issue.

Has someone taken a rear wheel apart enough
to see if the axle can be shifted over?

Yes if it he cant manage it from this point its a waranty.  Unfortunatly he scratched up the hub housing with the gear changer,  I have a feeling this will be over looked if he returns it. 

Yes have taken it apart and you can not shift the axle.  Its welded solid.

Here this may help some...

Bring it on

Offline TOM

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 08:56:10 AM »
I think you should cut a part of your cover,but may you can't install your brake

Before you order your product,you should know the size of this product

Now everything of goldenmotor has a PDF drawing, instruct this product.

Offline Nuvola

• Confirmed
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2008, 11:50:10 PM »
please pay attention that pdf is the front motor schema because it doesn't have gear!!
so it is unusefull for rear motor like mine!

anyway GM should check what it produces, because when they assemble it or just when they project it, they couldn't make a big error like this!
anyone can see that there's no enough space for fork!!

I think you should cut a part of your cover,but may you can't install your brake

Offline biohazardman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2008, 11:20:32 PM »
please pay attention that pdf is the front motor schema because it doesn't have gear!!
so it is unusefull for rear motor like mine!

anyway GM should check what it produces, because when they assemble it or just when they project it, they couldn't make a big error like this!
anyone can see that there's no enough space for fork!!

That PDF is for a rear motor like yours.  The gear is just not shown and need not be.  Did you ever get it together?  Did you omit some washers to make it work? You can also turn the motor around and install the freewheel on the other side if I am not mistaken as the direction of spin can be changed with a jumper wire.  Yes I know that puts the wires on the same side as the derailleur but it should pose no serious problem as many motors come that way.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 12:18:27 AM by biohazardman »

Offline biohazardman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2008, 11:35:03 PM »

Please look at the original picture it's pretty plain that the axle is way to short on one side and is NOT in spec as in the PDF picture.  He is but one of several with the problem it has nothing to do with the bike it is being installed on.  Most are working around the problem by leaving off washers ect. not only should this not have to be done it is dangerous as the tabbed locking washer is often left out too. This is another QC problem for GM to take care of can you do anything about it?  I am waiting till I see good 48V motors being put out before I buy another which I fully intend to do as my 36V GM has held up very well and is going strong with well over 2000 miles on it.
Oh by the way it is good to see some support here on the forum I am expecting Quality Control will get better now as you have some good products to offer.  Thanks

« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 12:04:10 AM by biohazardman »

Offline Nuvola

• Confirmed
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 10:43:01 PM »
I'm finally using my 1000W motor
a friend of mine build for me a 48V30ah lithium batterie and I discovered a new quality problem!
due to hub decentered, all motor and wheel is moved to left and this cause that left VBrake get touched by wheel while rigth one has too far.
I had to remove all my rear breakes to avoid contact between wheel and rear brakes!
I'm very unhappy.
Anyway I reach 52.5 km/h with a 15kg batterie and my weigth is near 100kg!!
Top speed and acceleration is soo fast that I'm changing front brakes system to a disk brakes system