Author Topic: 10 kW motor Hall Sensor Cable Connector Information Please  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Pilotniq

• Confirmed
10 kW motor Hall Sensor Cable Connector Information Please
« on: January 24, 2021, 04:41:01 PM »
Hello!

I have bought a 10 kW motor to drive a 100 year old wooden motorboat (see blog here: http://electric-boat.lewin.nu/)

I have gotten to the point where I want to wire the hall effect cable connector (that came with the 10 kW motor in a bag with 6 crimp pins, 6 round red rubber pieces, an orange rubber piece and a yellow plastic piece.) to the 100 / 250 VESC controller that I will be using.

I have some questions which I hope someone can answer!
  • What is the brand / model of the connector?
  • What size wires can be used with the crimp pins?
  • Where can I get additional crimp pins if I fail with the crimping?
  • Are there instructions for wiring / assembling the Hall Effect cable connector that came with the 10 kW motor (in a bag with 6 crimp pins, 6 round red rubber pieces, an orange rubber piece and a yellow plastic piece.
  • In what order and where should the rubber and plastic pieces be mounted?
  • In what direction should the crimp pins be inserted into the white plastic housing?

Thank you,

Erland
Stockholm
Sweden

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: 10 kW motor Hall Sensor Cable Connector Information Please
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 01:57:02 PM »
Hi Erland andto the forum.

I was hoping that someone with a similar motor would have answered your questions by now, as I have not yet seen or used the connector that you describe.
Posting pictures of the components supplied would make it a lot easier for us to try and identify exactly which connector you have.  ;)

What is the brand / model of the connector?
Unfortunately, I don't know what connectors will have been supplied with your motor. Is there any obvious make/name on it?[/url].

What size wires can be used with the crimp pins?
I would suggest that you use wires of a similar size to the Hall sensor wires on the motor going to the mating connector.

Where can I get additional crimp pins if I fail with the crimping?
Without knowing the precise make of the connector it is difficult to know where you might be able to obtain replacement connector pins.

Are there instructions for wiring / assembling the Hall Effect cable connector that came with the 10 kW motor (in a bag with 6 crimp pins, 6 round red rubber pieces, an orange rubber piece and a yellow plastic piece.
In what order and where should the rubber and plastic pieces be mounted?
In what direction should the crimp pins be inserted into the white plastic housing?
There are no instructions that I know of, but hopefully either this video or this video will help to answer your questions.

Alan