Author Topic: VEC-300 USB programming problem  (Read 6579 times)

Offline Sazabi

• Confirmed
VEC-300 USB programming problem
« on: October 29, 2018, 12:11:54 PM »
Hey everyone.
I'm Artem. And here's my problem
I have 2 VEC-300 controllers and 2 5kW motors. ALl from Goldenmotor. I forgot to order USB cable, but after looking in manual and on cable photos, it's easy to understand, that it's just simple USB-UART converter. Manual also provides pinout for it. So I took my FT232 board, hooked it to one of VEC300 and was able to connect successfully. Disabled recuperation (because my battery is still on the way and I decided to use Pb batteries for testing). Testes one motor and controller, everything worked like a charm. Decided to test second set. Hooked second VEC300 to my DIY USB cable and... tadaaaa - timeout message. After few times of connect/disconnect and buttons pressing, I was able finally to connect to second controller. Changed recuperation to disabled, pressed upload and... again, timeout. Tried different PC, different USB on those PC, no luck. My diy USB cable is 100% working, because I use it for various tasks.
Goldemotor online support just ignored my question and I got ... timeout, haha, in online chat.
I've found here, on forums, that older software can be used to trick controller for connection, but dropbox link is dead and I cant find it anywhere else.
I also found that battery connection can help. But in one of manual I got from interner for VEC300, they underline, that during programming battery should be disconnected. So I'm sort of affraid to try:)
I really need community help. Because if I don't change recuperation option, it will damage my Pb batteries.
Thanks in advance!

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: VEC-300 USB programming problem
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 02:55:06 PM »
Hi Artem andto the forum.

I don't know which version of the software you are currently using but here is a link to version 3.3.0

I have also attached v3.1.1 below and will attach some other versions individually (they're too big to attach all of them to a single post).

Hopefully one of these may work with your USB-UART converter.

Alan

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 02:56:12 PM »
V3.1.2

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 02:56:53 PM »
V3.1.3  (7th April 2014)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 01:41:29 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 02:57:36 PM »
v2.1.3

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 02:59:41 PM »
v3.2.0

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 03:03:06 PM »
v3.2.1

Offline Sazabi

• Confirmed
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 04:18:51 PM »
v3.2.1

Got mine from GM website, it's 3.3.0. Thanks a lot for all those versions! Will test them tomorrow.

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 12:33:50 AM »
Hey everyone.
I'm Artem. And here's my problem
I have 2 VEC-300 controllers and 2 5kW motors. ALl from Goldenmotor. I forgot to order USB cable, but after looking in manual and on cable photos, it's easy to understand, that it's just simple USB-UART converter. Manual also provides pinout for it. So I took my FT232 board, hooked it to one of VEC300 and was able to connect successfully. Disabled recuperation (because my battery is still on the way and I decided to use Pb batteries for testing). Testes one motor and controller, everything worked like a charm. Decided to test second set. Hooked second VEC300 to my DIY USB cable and... tadaaaa - timeout message. After few times of connect/disconnect and buttons pressing, I was able finally to connect to second controller. Changed recuperation to disabled, pressed upload and... again, timeout. Tried different PC, different USB on those PC, no luck. My diy USB cable is 100% working, because I use it for various tasks.
Goldemotor online support just ignored my question and I got ... timeout, haha, in online chat.
I've found here, on forums, that older software can be used to trick controller for connection, but dropbox link is dead and I cant find it anywhere else.
I also found that battery connection can help. But in one of manual I got from interner for VEC300, they underline, that during programming battery should be disconnected. So I'm sort of affraid to try:)
I really need community help. Because if I don't change recuperation option, it will damage my Pb batteries.
Thanks in advance!

When programming the vec300 controller the power does not need to be on. I change the settings easily by just connecting the USB cable and the latest software with windows. All that happens in my experience is the red light on the controller blinks continuously. This does present a connection issue though. If the controller was powered on and you can't connect you have to power down and wait until the capacitors in the controller are completely discharged before you can connect again. This could take a few minutes or even hours. I do know of someone leaving it overnight and being able to connect the next day. I know it may seem bizzare it would take this long but I can only relate the experiences I have had with others.

Gary

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2019, 01:53:21 PM »
V3.1.3 (8th August 2014)