Author Topic: ....  (Read 6588 times)

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« on: October 17, 2008, 11:08:49 AM »
Shame.  :-[

I don't want my character to be judged by a single click! submit.

Its called the edit button and self modderation.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 11:57:39 PM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline biohazardman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: Working mod 36v to 48v controller... Help.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 01:17:28 AM »
I have problems screwing things up sometimes too.  Brain fog from the HCV I have makes it easy to mess things up so I am careful to leave some things for the good days or often hours as they may be. I have the 36v stock and regen controllers as well as the 48 regen and the only problem I have had, some fried diodes on the back of two the boards, were self inflicted also.  A bad on/off switch and power connection took two of three controllers out in a couple of weeks.  Once the diodes on the 48v were replaced, stole the good ones from the 36v and some careful rewiring done things have been fine for the last couple hundred miles. Are you unable to get 48v controllers where you are?  I don't quite know why one would convert a 36 if the 48 is available unless of course you is trying to save money and that is a good thing. I have not had any problems with the throttle breakage you speak of though and would prefer not to have first hand experience with that anyway.   ;) My throttle is mounted under my rear rack so out of the rain and harms way for the most part. I used Geoffs idea? on the front derailleur shiftgrip and converted to a cable actuated throttle. I am using my 36v throttle with the 48v controller and my top speed is 23-24mph on the flats and routinely 32mph (51+kph) on some of the steeper declines or at full throttle on the more gradual ones.  Bike rides very smooth and feels quite safe at that speed although there is a bit more stress about the slow down and stop with regen disconnected.   That is unless I ht some big pothole then the back end wobbles around uncomfortably because of the extra 12v worth of SLAs in the side bag. The stock rim brakes have done a very good job thus far and I am getting used to running without regen.

Offline biohazardman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 05:00:21 AM »
Yup going fast with lots of SLAs is a wobbly affair for sure specially at that weight 20kg = 44lbs. Sounds like it has done you right though lots of miles you have on it.  You have full suspension I can't wait to get there.  I added another 10 lbs to my already 60lb bike just to get the other 12v for 48 and be able to climb some hills unassisted. Just that little extra and now hitting potholes at high speed makes the back end feel like it's made of jello. I doubt this frame would handle much more bike batts and me are 260lbs total likely near it's limit. I took it out in the rough today and at low speed on the dirt trails, what I built it for, its fine though. Got hold of one of those one wheel bob like trailers for cheap, think Nashbar screwed up, and will be putting extra batts there so I can make 40+ miles and see the sights as well as carry home the things and stuff I find along the way. Later

Offline biohazardman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 06:17:18 PM »
I have found the best way to solve the problem with others on the forums is to simply ignore them. Silence is always the best way to end an argument/disagreement on the phone, at the door or on the net it takes two for it to continue.  Lowering ourselves to the posters level only fuels the discord. The truth will come out soon enough as it stands steadfastly on it's own without need of support.  In case you have not noticed most have quit posting here completely.  If you two continue I will also.

Offline Nicobie

• Confirmed
Re: ....
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 12:42:21 AM »
Yes,

That is what most do, and I can't blame them.

I would hate to see this forum tank, but also don't see as it's my fault. All I did was point out some wackie posts from a member that can't even keep a name.

Obviously GM does not care about this forum or somebody already would be banned.

Offline biohazardman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: ....
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 02:28:34 AM »
One can blame others and as it's not our "fault" then we have no need to change our behaviors when often changing them could enrich the lives of those around us as well as our own.  In the longterm really does not matter who is at "fault" but more what we choose to do afterwards.
Had a not so good experience the other day but who was at fault?

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2379&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=30