Author Topic: GM MOTORS .CA have sent my motor to the wrong address !!  (Read 8106 times)

Offline Yoma

• Confirmed
GM MOTORS .CA have sent my motor to the wrong address !!
« on: September 16, 2011, 10:46:18 AM »
Before any one jumps down my throat about this , I should point out I've now sent 2 emails to Gary Solo since buying 12" motorized hub from him and he hasnt responded.

Im not in the US nor am I able to talk easily due to my disability so now , give the fact he hasnt responded , I have no choice but to post this here.

I have evidence ( which im obviously not going to post here ) that this was supposed to be sent to CHicago - not my address in the uk, so now I am left with motor I will have to ship there after paying you $75.00 to get it sent  there specifically ( hence why my billing address isnt the same as the shipping )

My question now is whether you are prepared to compensate me for the cost of having to have it  shipped to Chicago ( will probably not be cheap ) and delayed , given this is entirely your - or GM motors in Chinas misake.

grant aka yoma ( please do not mention my personal info here ) you have email , so you can contact me there.
My order no is Order Number: (10681)
You will see for yourself what I mean if you look at the shipping details .

« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:53:47 AM by yoma »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: GM MOTORS .CA have sent my motor to the wrong address !!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 11:54:16 AM »
I've now sent 2 emails to Gary Solo

Grant (Yoma), as you've managed to get Gary's surname, and his company name wrong here, I wouldn't be surprised if you sent the 2 emails to the wrong address too, as it's very unlike Gary to not respond to emails.

They should have been sent to garysalo@goldenmotor.ca not garysolo@gmmotors.ca.

Have you been watching re-runs of Man from U.N.C.L.E. by any chance?

Anyway, I'm sure you will hear from Gary very soon (if you haven't already done so) as he tends to be very good with his email responses.

I would have thought that sending him a PM would have been a much better option for keeping your purchasing details private. ;)

Alan

« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 12:03:36 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Yoma

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 01:52:04 PM »
The email was sent to the address ( sales@goldenmotor.ca  ) that sent me my order details on the 7th Sept
I tried the other one you mentioned too - but no repsonse

I don't know how often he checks his PM to know when, or if hes likely to respond to it  , but I can see he interacted on the forum between the very dates I sent my last email ( http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=3617.0 )  so I assumed ( given he runs a business ) that he would also be giving attention , if not priority ,  his actual customers as well.

Considering that email was only to ask him for the tracking no of my order ( when it was it was ready to be sent to Chicago ) I must admit I find it odd how or why he would choose not to respond to that and risk bad feedback , only to answer others  ( who perhaps are not even  customers )  here.

If he had read my mail then he would of had a reminder of where it was meant to be sent and therefore also been in touch with GM in China to make sure they understood too . Given language barriers I wpuld of assumed that would of been a resonable precaution to take , but it seems either him or Gm in China didnt think the same .

yoma / grant

« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 02:16:43 PM by yoma »

Offline Yoma

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 02:24:22 PM »
I've now sent 2 emails to Gary Solo

Grant (Yoma), as you've managed to get Gary's surname, and his company name wrong here, I wouldn't be surprised if you sent the 2 emails to the wrong address too, as it's very unlike Gary to not respond to emails.

They should have been sent to garysalo@goldenmotor.ca not garysolo@gmmotors.ca.

Have you been watching re-runs of Man from U.N.C.L.E. by any chance?

Anyway, I'm sure you will hear from Gary very soon (if you haven't already done so) as he tends to be very good with his email responses.

I would have thought that sending him a PM would have been a much better option for keeping your purchasing details private. ;)

Alan

I use to watch it as kid every summer up in the western isles when I visited my grandparents - it was my favourite spy show, unless you include Batman.

y/g

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 01:12:59 PM »
The email was sent to the address ( sales@goldenmotor.ca  ) that sent me my order details on the 7th Sept
I tried the other one you mentioned too - but no repsonse

I don't know how often he checks his PM to know when, or if hes likely to respond to it  , but I can see he interacted on the forum between the very dates I sent my last email ( http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=3617.0 )  so I assumed ( given he runs a business ) that he would also be giving attention , if not priority ,  his actual customers as well.

Considering that email was only to ask him for the tracking no of my order ( when it was it was ready to be sent to Chicago ) I must admit I find it odd how or why he would choose not to respond to that and risk bad feedback , only to answer others  ( who perhaps are not even  customers )  here.

If he had read my mail then he would of had a reminder of where it was meant to be sent and therefore also been in touch with GM in China to make sure they understood too . Given language barriers I wpuld of assumed that would of been a resonable precaution to take , but it seems either him or Gm in China didnt think the same .

yoma / grant

What is this all about? I have only received one email on this topic and I think it was yesterday and I am sure I responded within an hour or so as it came while I was driving. I also asked you to check the shipping cost so we can get it sorted out stating mistakes do happen. I just did a search of email from your address. I have the one from your purchase date. One where you asked for tracking, and since it was a drop ship I forwarded the request to China with no response. Then one from you yesterday on this topic, the first I'd heard of it. I receive my mail on three devices, my Iphone, my laptop and my desktop. None of them have any other email from you other then what I stated. Now I see you have requested a weight on the box to estimate the shipping cost. No mention of that here though. Anyway if it sounds like I am angry I am not, it's just the way things appear in a post sometimes. I guess I can look up the weight of the motor and estimate the weight of the packaging but can't you just put it on a bathroom scale. That's how I weight a lot of my shipments.

Also just because I check into the forum doesn't mean I read all the the new posts or my email at the same time. It seems you are assuming a lot.

Anyway the resolve will come as I stated in email to you. I don't understand what you are slamming me for. I have done nothing but try to help you when I heard you needed help.

Let's continue this discussion in email, as I am not a big fan of PM.

Gary
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 01:35:58 PM by spellchecker »

Offline mike662

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 10:10:25 PM »
Gary's customer service has been top notch since I made my purchase with him over a year ago (and even before that). This is the first time I have heard anything of the sort; maybe it was just a simple technical difficulty with an email server (technology does fail sometimes ;) )? I'm sure he'll sort this out for you as best as he can.

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 12:40:36 AM »
This has all been sorted and for the record there were no previous emails that reached me on this topic.

If anyone has an issue with anything from me please contact

Gary Salo
1-647-982-1344
garysalo@goldenmotor.ca