Author Topic: My battery pack arrived today - I'm a bit worried  (Read 15270 times)

kazbluesky

Re: My battery pack arrived today - I'm a bit worried
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 06:47:15 AM »
No motor yet, no new battery either.  Philip is not responding to my emails or Paypal. 

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2008, 05:25:46 PM »
I know this is going to sound like a pin drop compared to the booming in your ears, but I have a feeling things are going to turn out good.  Please be patient and keep your cool... I called my dealer just for you mate, my dealer tells me boats from china are a little slow and GM is going to be around for some time to come.

I was also told the company had a few problems with contractors or something of the like a while back and the workmanship has improved over the past by leaps and bounds.  There is some bad stuff still floating around..

I got my factory second controllers that you shouldn't get any more in the mail. I Picked the controller up for $20au and it fried as soon as I sat on the bike and pulled the accelerator... and the factory seconds fry if you turn them off while they running. I'm getting a replacement factory second for testing wheels in the mail soon enough and I will buy a proper controller next week.

The workmanship of the new stuff is miles above..
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 05:46:41 PM by Smeee »

Bring it on

Offline muzza.au

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2008, 10:19:52 PM »
G'day,

Like I said in the other thread when I received my battery recently it appeared to be new, works well and has a genuine metal case. So  I assume there may be some older stuff still circulating and it may depend on where you are and if they have local wherehouses or not, but if you do get new stuff (hopfully) it should be good (from my one and only experience with GM that is, which may not count for much).

Muzza.

kazbluesky

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 05:30:30 AM »
OK then, so perhaps the end of the saga,

I opened a dispute with Paypal, with Philip on the 16th of Sept and he replied to my Paypal email the same day.  Then no reply to SIX more emails.  Finally after asking him to confirm again when and if he had sent my motor he said that there was no 700c wheel in the whole of China.  He then agreed to giving me 745 of my 840 back.  So he took my money and cashed it before sending a motor/wheel that he didn't have, then, though he knew he couldn't send me a GM motor he sent me 2 USED BROKEN batteries.  Here in Japan I have to PAY to throw these suckers away!!!!  And he's charging me 95 dollars for the pleasure of  a months stress and shipping costs!!!!!

I understand that some of you have good motors and batteries (you've been lucky), maybe the bike that the motor or battery was stripped from had a fault with the bell or something.  But generally speaking this is a scam of some sort.  No packaging, no instructions, no emails after paying, lying about shipping and inventory, come on guys China has sent up space-ships and satellites, they made the TV you're watching tonight - you don't think they know how to pack a box and photocopy instructions!!!  There's something smelly here.....

Of course we need a forum to help us with these motors (those that were lucky enough to get them) but we can't let anyone else be treated like this.  It's just not right.  The least we can do is keep a story like this near the top of the board as a warning to others.

Offline MasterCATZ

• Confirmed
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010, 06:58:27 AM »
I am actually after 3 more of these kits ... I think ...

I got something cheap of ebay when I was going to just do an 24V motor on my cheap bike ...

I am also trying to dig up the link that I found somewhere about an entire GM shipment of these being stuffed ... I know I read it in the last few weeks somewhere ...

pretty much this is what I got and it fitted perfectly for what I needed ..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320514139584&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

he said they were going to list more .. but never did :S