Author Topic: Compact LiFePO4 Battery Cells (3.2V), Aluminium Casing  (Read 12244 times)

Offline _GonZo_

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
    • www.evovelo.com
Re: Compact LiFePO4 Battery Cells (3.2V), Aluminium Casing
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 10:32:40 AM »
I find it hard to see how Monkey and my way is wrong Sorry..."not correct". The only difference I see is that Monkey and my way is easier. I almost had to draw your setup Gonzo to understand it. A simple question deserves a simple answer  

Sorry if it was not clear enough, my mother tong is not English so it is difficult for me.

And trust me about the pack construction. My job is to build battery packs, and for sure that is the correct way to do it.

I do not mind admitting that I know very little about BMS. The BMS systems I know of, is built up with a master / slave relationship. You buy a Master Card (Not to be confused with the credit card ) with 2, 4, 8 or 16...etc connectors to connect the slave cards to. A slave card per cell and the slave card I have seen, are not cheap! There are probably other types of BMS systems. Again, not an expert on BMS. But the long and short of it is: then I was just curious why Monkey wanted Gary to spend more money without a good reason. Which I was sure that there was!

Up to 24S packs (may be more) you can find BMS that are all in one board so you have to route a cable from each battery connection to the BMS.
Usually for high cell count packs there is the salve/master BMS system you only have to route 1 data cable from the slaves to the master, it is easier.  :)
If the pack is for a bike there is nanny BMS already designed for that, I recommend you that.

As commented usually packs are mounted on a pair number of elements so you will find more BMS options if you build a 16S pack than if you build a 15S.

Offline krelle52

• Confirmed
Re: Compact LiFePO4 Battery Cells (3.2V), Aluminium Casing
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 11:05:28 AM »
Okay. So what we are discussing is the best practice of building battery packs rather than Kirchhoff laws.

Gonzo, Thank you for bother to taking the time to explain it. I have become much wiser. The problem with knowledge is: if people like you do not take the time to explain to people like me. Then I never learn from it. :)

And it is okay. English is a second language for me too and I'm dyslexic. So I know what you're talking about. ;)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 11:07:14 AM by krelle52 »