Author Topic: would any retailers sell the golden motor batteries for the same price minus sph  (Read 7400 times)

Offline Serg1337

• Confirmed
one question, would local retailers sell the golden motor batteries (preferably the 36v 16ah aluminum casing with key switch) locally? im in los angeles and I wouldn't mind driving out anywhere in california since shipping is $95, and id like to save some $. or does anyone know of a similar battery for the same price minus the shipping fees?

let me know,
thanks

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
You could drive to Canada and see Gary! hehe
Maybe contact Gary from www.goldenmotor.ca and see if he can help out

Actually I haven't seen him here in a bit, where are you gary? :)

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
I'm  here! Christmas and work keep getting in the way of my forum time!

Gary

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
One thing everyone seems to forget is the items have to get from China to the dealer before the dealer ships them. So there is going to be what seems to be an unreasonable shipping charge.

For example I keep my prices exactly the same as GM China. To do this I have to charge the same shipping as well to cover the shipping from China, taxes, duties, handling fees, etc on top of what it costs to ship to the customer. I could do like other dealers I have seen on Ebay and charge 399 for a Magic Pie and 40 dollars to ship it or I can charge 290 for a magic Pie and charge 125 to ship it. If you had to choose from these two options, which would you prefer? The equasion for batteries is pretty much the same.

Gary

Offline Serg1337

• Confirmed
yea I was reading that on your site :\ .. I think Canada needs to start making their own batteries!!

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
bespoke custom made shapes, to fit within bike frames ;)

Offline Sangesf

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
It's funny that EVERY retailer charges the same for shipping to your house as if it was coming from china. 
Well, I know for a fact that items shipped from China to the retailers are done by boat, so the cost of shipping is no where even close to what it would cost by air.

I needed a replacement motor for my 24v mini-motor (who's hall sensors failed - thank GM for not telling anyone that if the hall sensors die on a minimotor, it's basically a brick-it won't even work sensorless) and they wanted $150 for just the motor (no rim) from a local retailer.
Funny thing is for about $50 more, I can purchase an ENTIRE kit (motor, wheel, controller, throttle, etc) from another vendor.
(which is what I ultimately did)

So while the reseller's think they're able to get away with price gouging (using shipping cost as an excuse), they've actually lost business because of it.

I'm done with GM products, because of the shoddy quality control of their products and the inability of them to stand behind their products and work with their customers to rectify issues other than just trying to get you to buy another $400 worth of product that will break in a year and leave you out in the cold, as well as, their reseller's trying to rip you off in terms of local pricing being the same as ordering from the other side of the world.

I and alot of other people tell people on many other sites to stay away from Goldenmotor...
There are many other manufacturers that offer way better products for way better prices. 

One caveat to this is Gary's help to me after a problem with my magic controller (mind you it's only a $65 item, not $400) after a month of trying to get help from the GM dealer locally and GM China, he worked with Tom to get me a replacement.  But it shouldn't have taken 6 weeks from problem happening to rectification. 

Now I know some people on here have electronic engineering degrees, but that doesn't alleviate the need to have GM(and their resellers) fix problems in a timely manner for the other 99.9% of us that do not know how to build a nuclear reactor from toothpicks and elmers glue.