Author Topic: WARNING! Beware of THEFT! Lock up your bike indoors or out!  (Read 4227 times)

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
WARNING! Beware of THEFT! Lock up your bike indoors or out!
« on: November 19, 2010, 01:15:43 PM »
Just letting everyone know. Recently when hand delivering a kit to a local customer, We had this conversation.

"Didn't you just buy a kit a few months ago?"

"Yes"

"Is this one for you wife?"

"Someone stole my bike last night right out of my Garage"

"Was it locked up?"

"No! They got everything even my charger"

Don't get caught like this! I lock all my bikes indoors and they all have locks on them as well. They all have u shaped Kryptonite locks locking them all together like a daisy chain from frame to frame as well several very thick cable locks wound though all the wheels then secured to an unmovable object.

I also have cameras all around my house and in various places indoors. But my best bet is my VERY large German Sheppard that does not like people coming near our property!

This security was a large investment but worth every penny!

Keep your bike locked at all times!

Gary
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 12:24:05 AM by GM Canada »

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: WARNING! Beware of THEFT! Lock up your bike indoors or out!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 10:42:28 PM »
Arrrgh.

I fell a sleep last night and left my Blackberry Pie out all night.  I woke up and it was there sitting in the cold rain all wet.

Great chance to test my weather proofing.  Nothing is water proof on my bikes but they are very weather proof.

Tell him to look around the pawn broker shops.  Its obviously someone local or even related to a neighbor.

I have to leave my garage door open because of the damned cats.  Hmmm things will have to change.

Bring it on

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 01:11:08 AM »

I have to leave my garage door open because of the damned cats.  Hmmm things will have to change.

Sounds like you need one of these, I have one for my dog, I'm sure they come in smaller sizes..

http://www.hitecpet.com/px-2detail.html

Gary

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 02:07:04 AM »
This doesn't stop the dog sleeping near the door and every time it moves it opens up..  Or other animals entering while your dogs enters.

Its a bit of a stretch but any would be thieve just need the collar from your pet to enter the home. And very likely the cat will remove the collar and leave it god knows where.  Cats are great at getting their collars off and visiting other homes nearby..

Its a great concept but some wouldn't rely upon a pet with the keys to the home..

Im not that worried but I think my bike wouldn't last long unchained in the front driveway. :-\ and I will have to lock the garage door and just leve the side door ajar.

Bring it on