Author Topic: anyone help me with this note from tom...  (Read 10811 times)

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: anyone help me with this note from tom...
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 09:51:04 PM »
ok... new throttle came in....     wiring harness doesnt match!! any suggestions??

arg

Ummm. yes.

directly connect between "T1/5V" and "T2" on the controller.

Documentation reads that the voltage must stay under 4v or it will go into throttle failure mode, my non GM controller is like this, battery on already or switched on with short, This test will not work for me...  There has been some discussion about this.  On Allans controller this test works.

On the latest batch of magic controllers, by some chance, possibly the software is made like this.

If you can get a standard 4k resistor or buy one from the electronics store for 20c.  Short the terminal T1/5V" and "T2" on the controller with a normal resistor with wheel off the ground.

Please report.

Thank ou.

Bring it on

Offline trumpetbum

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2010, 10:21:11 PM »
sorry... you lost me...........

Offline trumpetbum

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2010, 11:52:18 PM »
if all else fails.. I can cut and splice... just seems like a shame and nuisance when it s a new throttle

also.. I think I will wait till the new controller comes in... maybe that's the problem... before mangling the new throttle wires...................................................

(frustrated in northern ontario............)

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2010, 04:01:06 AM »
ok... new throttle came in....     wiring harness doesnt match!! any suggestions??

arg

Sorry if this is not the throttle you wanted. I have looked back through a few emails where you stated you bought a pie and traded it for your buddies "older Motor". Then you had probems.  You purchased a controller. Then you bought a throttle. You sent me this link as to what motor you have

http://www.goldenmotor.ca/shopping/pgm-more_information.php?id=71&=SID#MOREINFO

It leads to an HBS 36v500w motor which has the large plugs. So I sent you what I intended, a throttle for a 36v hbs motor. If your plugs don't match you have a setup from something Im not familiar with. If you can swap the plugs with the old one please do. If not send me an email we will get it right.

GarySalo@GoldenMotor.CA

« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 04:36:02 AM by GM Canada »

Offline trumpetbum

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2010, 11:51:36 AM »
ok thanks... sorry for any misunderstanding....  i'm by no means an expert on this stuff... just trying to figure it all out

:)

not even sure I found the right pic.....

Offline trumpetbum

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2010, 07:58:13 PM »
YAY.... yay it works!  it was the controller..  tried the throttle first, and still no go....

thanks everyone so much for all your help....   

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2010, 12:18:53 PM »
ok... new throttle came in....     wiring harness doesnt match!! any suggestions??

arg

Sorry if this is not the throttle you wanted. I have looked back through a few emails where you stated you bought a pie and traded it for your buddies "older Motor". Then you had probems.  You purchased a controller. Then you bought a throttle. You sent me this link as to what motor you have

http://www.goldenmotor.ca/shopping/pgm-more_information.php?id=71&=SID#MOREINFO

It leads to an HBS 36v500w motor which has the large plugs. So I sent you what I intended, a throttle for a 36v hbs motor. If your plugs don't match you have a setup from something Im not familiar with. If you can swap the plugs with the old one please do. If not send me an email we will get it right.

GarySalo@GoldenMotor.CA

My Aplogies, I just received some new controllers and they have all mini plugs now. So I guess the controller,throttle etc, you have are all fairly recent items as my previous batch had all large plugs.

Gary

Offline trumpetbum

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2010, 11:18:10 PM »
thanks!   I received the new controller a couple days ago

i will wait till the weekend to work on it, and make sure every connection is super tight

i noticed that the controller box is  way too small.. when I try to use it, connections pop open

i will either  modify the box, or find something else

if all else fails,... I will contact you later this summer to see what I might be able to use instead, just with the battery I have... I have already spent  a lot, and have to save up a bit
:)

rob h