Author Topic: Anti theft alarm-soft switch- pedelec reset?  (Read 4480 times)

Offline Barry

Anti theft alarm-soft switch- pedelec reset?
« on: June 10, 2009, 01:02:39 PM »
I have just installed a 36v 750 watt front hub motor with a BAC0281 controller and the pedelec device, and I don't know if it works correctly.

1. I cannot make the anti theft alarm work. I use the instructions in the downloadable PDF.

2. My pedelec system seems to work although I cannot reset or disable it. In fact, when I first activated it it did not give a beep as the instructions said it would if that means anything.

3. my battery has a key switch which opens the circuit of the 2 battery wires that go to the BAC0281 controller. What is meant by the term "soft switch"? In order for the anti-theft alarm to work it appears, according to the wiring diagram, that the battery must be connected to the controller at all times and that another circuit is opened to activate the alarm. Is that what is called a "soft switch"?

In my case, if the battery needs to be connected to the controller for the alarm to work then the key switch would have to be turned on (closed circuit). In this case a thief could just turn the key off then ride away I would think.

The instructions in the PDF are a bit too vague for me to understand. Can anyone please explain in detail how the anti-theft and the PAS (pedelec system) have to be wired and how they are expected to work. Refer to my above statements concerning how things are working for me now. TIA