Author Topic: Magic Pie v2 wiring  (Read 3197 times)

Offline Maccy4465

• Confirmed
Magic Pie v2 wiring
« on: October 07, 2018, 08:04:36 PM »
Hy, I am from Belgium and my girlfriend bought a bike with the above mensioned pie version. However, when she left work this week, the wiring from the front wheel to the throttle and everything else got severed. Now the problem is that we can't figure out what wire connects to those from the throttle ans so on. Can anyone help me out in any way to show where every wire gies to? Thx.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Magic Pie v2 wiring
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 11:30:24 AM »
Hi andto the forum.

Hopefully, this diagram will help you to identify the wires:

(Click picture to see it full size)

I'm puzzled that your cable appears to have 9 wires instead of 8, as my MPII only has 8 wires (one for each pin of the 8 pin connector) as per the above diagram.  :-\

Alan

Offline Maccy4465

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 01:06:05 PM »
Thanks. I will have a go with this diagram and will report back later.

Offline Maccy4465

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 05:08:07 PM »
Despite of the diagram I did not get any further due to the colorcodes of the wires. Can anyone give me an explanation on what each wire on the pic I added should be connected? Thanks

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 09:03:20 AM »
If the colours of your wires do not match the above diagram, you will have to use a meter (or a simple battery and bulb/buzzer circuit) to check for continuity between each of the wires and each of the pins on the 8 pin connector to determine their exact function from the above diagram.

Don't forget that when you are looking at the end of the pins on the harness plug it will be a mirrored layout of the controller's socket shown in the above diagram (Pin 1 on the right and pin 3 on the left etc.);)

Alan