Author Topic: What happened to Magic Pie 2...  (Read 2778 times)

Offline Marsbar

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
What happened to Magic Pie 2...
« on: June 18, 2014, 10:40:07 AM »
I need a new project, and allready have a front Magic Pie 2.

Case is, I have two spare controller cards and two programming cables  :P

Now I want to make my 2nd bike... with rear motor. Anybody knows where I can get my hands on a 28" MP2?

Because then I could use my spare parts...  ;)

Offline Marsbar

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: What happened to Magic Pie 2...
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 10:45:19 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271517918716&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

For the new project, I bought this battery... problem is when I google the brand it says stay away...  :o but the stay away post was from 2009. Maybee they have fixed it... if I ever get it I will post a review.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 12:14:01 PM »

If you're using it with a Magic Pie I would be concerned about the low current output for a 15Ah pack:

Rated Discharging Amperage:   ?12 Amps

The power output socket is the same as mains power leads which could make it illegal to use in many countries.
I don't even want to think about what could happen if a 240v mains supply power lead was inadvertently plugged straight into the battery's output socket.
 :o

Alan

Offline Marsbar

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 05:06:43 PM »
I know, but my Magic Pie is adjusted to max.20A peak, so it should be ok. Before I adjusted it down from 35A the BMS kicked in on my existing 48V 10Ah lithium, rated at 15A. Works sweet now on 20Ah. If I used it in hilly terain with heavy wind with cold battery the BMS gave up before I entered max current to 20A. But I don't believe in all the numbers when they advertise. Maybe the weight is correct and gives an indication of capacity. When I get this pack I will test the Ah after some charge cycles, also open case and improve it, install melting fuses etc. But surface post is slow...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 05:09:29 PM by Marsbar »

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 05:49:31 PM »
Please tell me there is a built in charger, and that is why a mains connector is used!  Pleease!!

TTFN,
Dennis

Offline Marsbar

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 09:00:53 PM »
Haha, these chinese manufacturers don't follow EU regulations  ;D

On the first battery pack I bought, the was no fuse on main cable, nor a fuse on the charging wire. In case the electronic fails, there should allways be a melting fuse.
So I installed a 20A car fuse on main wires, and a 2A fuse on the charging lead. Safety first  :)

For the plug... I think I will remove it, better to just have the cable connected directly trough screw terminal block or WAGO. A plug seems silly, it will probably fall out when you hit some bumps  ::)