Author Topic: MP3 dead after one run.  (Read 10723 times)

Offline MAGICPIE3FOCUSPOWER

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: MP III dead after one run.
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2012, 07:06:27 PM »
I haven't mentioned I have bought from GM China.
I have mentioned I have bought the kit from a non GM dealer from China.

I have answers now from the seller, we are now in working for a solution.

I have send David a mail.
He said: no warranty is possible from GM, because seller is no GM dealer.

Offline Lollandster

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Norway
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2012, 09:32:32 PM »
Did you buy it from bmsbattery? I have a friend who bought a MP3 from there, very cheap.
Disclaimer: I know nothing.
My ebike Build blog

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 02:02:46 PM »
I haven't mentioned I have bought from GM China.
I have mentioned I have bought the kit from a non GM dealer from China.

I have answers now from the seller, we are now in working for a solution.

I have send David a mail.
He said: no warranty is possible from GM, because seller is no GM dealer.

That is why I ask. There is no obvious answer as to who you bought it from. You are quick to slam GM for no warranty service but still protect who ever it is you actually bought it from. If you look through my history of posts I have slammed GM China myself for warranty service from time to time, but I didn't hide any of the facts. It would seem you are doing everyone a disservice here by misleading people to believe GM is the villain when it is obviously the people you bought it from that are not proving a warranty. Now you say your seller is looking for a solution, but you didn't mention it here until now and still you don't state who they are allowing others to fall to the same fate.

The only one you are protecting is the one you were actually having a problem with and the one you are making look bad is GM China who really has nothing to do with it.

Gary

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 11:06:05 PM »
I am just honest.
David from GM really said: you have NO WARRANTY because seller is no DEALER!

The seller is BMSbattery.....happy now?

I am glad the seller response, it has been more then three weeks now.
And I am still waiting for further response.
I have got one response back: he said I have to wait for several weeks for the replacement.
I have send him email back how many weeks is several weeks.

So you can say I am still waiting for solution.

Why is GM not responsible for warranty?
Here in europe you can also ask factory for warranty if seller is cooperate.
I have many times sellers are not cooperating for warranty.
So I did the warranty direct from factory and it went well..........
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 11:13:33 PM by MAGICPIE3FOCUSPOWER »

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2012, 11:48:49 PM »
Thank you for the information. Sorry if it seems I was giving you a hard time. I suspected that was the seller as I have have several people buy replacement controllers from me that purchased there MP3's from BMS Baterry. At the price they are selling them I would imagine GM is not giving them replacements for any warranty issues. The warranty is completely up to them. I have no doubt this is why David told you no warranty for you.

People have told me they could not get warranty help from BMS Battery and were told if they start a PayPal dispute then there only option is to send the entire kit back to china for a refund. After reading the "terms and conditions" on their website it seems to be the case. Actually any surfing on their website brings doubt to any professionalism. Most of the information in there "information" links is sketchy.

Most likely the reason you need to wait is GM China is completely out of replacement controllers. From the information I have it seems I have more controllers in stock then they do. I hope that is the case and they do follow up with you.

Please let us know how it turns out. It seems you will need to keep trying to contact them by email. If you try a PayPal dispute you will have to ship it all back to china. This makes me wonder what they do with the kits they do get back.

Gary

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2012, 12:48:28 AM »

Why is GM not responsible for warranty?
Here in europe you can also ask factory for warranty if seller is cooperate.
I have many times sellers are not cooperating for warranty.
So I did the warranty direct from factory and it went well..........

Sorry I did not respond to this part of your email. It seems it was added while I was writing my last post. I was responding to a few emails as they came in so my post was delayed a bit.

I'm only guessing but the lack of warranty from GM for you must have to do with the price BMS Battery is selling them for. I'm not sure why BMS Battery even has these motors. I noticed when the MP3's first came out I was promised I would have them in stock when the release date came. When GM china did release the MP3 I did have stock on hand and was able to start selling them the same day. But it was pointed out to me by one of my customers BMS Battery was selling them before we were. I found this very odd. Were they the test batch of MP3's that were rumored to have been made. I did hear from somewhere that china did a pre production run of these motors that was not so successful. Maybe that's why yours has a bad paint finish. The motors I have seem to have a very high quality paint job. Unfortunately alot of them have a few minor scratches from assembly and spoking. But still the finish on the motor is very good.

One easy way to get some some idea of when your kit was made is the colour of the numbers on the wire harness. Have a look at the 4 way plug where the throttle, brake levers and buttons plug into the 8 pin wire.  Do you see the numbers 1 2 3 4?  if so then what colour are they? White or yellow?

Gary

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2012, 03:48:09 PM »
Okay I have receive the replacement controller today  :)

I have have a look at the controller, because I was mad I have stored it up at the attic ;D

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2012, 06:12:31 PM »
Here is a link to a controller swap video I made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofXCj_Dd10U

Be carefull with the Phillips screws. Be sure to use an exact fitting screwdriver and don't drop any into the motor. That would create a whole new issue. Hopefully they sent you 9 replacement screws a replacement o-ring and controller wire clip.

Gary

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2012, 06:50:37 PM »
Well I am a tool freak.
So I have a big collection of screwdrivers.

Nope only controller with wiring is supplied.
I keep this controller as spare.

Because I am using Kelly controller after using a GM external controller.
I like the Kelly one better because of the rich feaures...

Anyway thanks for your link!

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2012, 03:53:15 PM »
The connector has yellow marks, so which model is this?

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2012, 11:28:45 PM »
The first released MP3's had no numbers. I assume these were the pre-released models as the first two motors I had about 4 months before the release were this way. When the motors went out for public consumption they had white 1 2 3 4 numbers on the wire harness. Several months after that they had yellow numbers. There was a wiring change at that point that if you mixed the white and yellow numbered harnesses you could have problems. Now more recently I have noticed the wire harness numbers are a whitish sort of lime green. More green than anything I guess but very light in colour. Whether this colour change means anything I don't know.

So if we count each change as generations. I would say no numbers as first generation. white numbers as second. Yellow numbers as third generation and Green numbers as the fourth generation MP3 wire harness.

Gary

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2012, 11:39:28 PM »
Thanks for your nice info! 8)

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2012, 11:52:58 PM »
It's no problem. Let us know if you get your MP III on the road. If they didn't send you replacement screws be carefull with them. This is what I send out with every controller.

Gary

« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 12:00:48 AM by GM Canada »