Author Topic: Smart Pie (200W-400W/24V-48V) Coming Soon!  (Read 22362 times)

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
Re: Smart Pie (200W-400W/24V-48V) Coming Soon!
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 03:48:34 AM »
We will make SmartPie and MagicPie without internal controller available as optional.

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 01:11:51 PM »
Nice looking motors, but at that size and power geared hubs would be better, ? with he proper materials they are very reliable.

Hey Golden Motor, how about a high performance HUB for us power users ? we need motors that can take 5kw + and be as compact as possible with some kind of water cooling or vented with special corrosive and rust resistant paint inside ?

I love the Pie II running 5kw but it won't go up steep hills for long at that power!  ::) I love to ride up very steep hills in the woods.

An internal controller capable of 120 volts max and 80-100 amps would be really cool.

It would sell well with endless-sphere users.

A MP motor at 5kw has to be experienced!  ;D

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • Im just trying to find my niche.3 e-bikes is fine
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 04:27:06 PM »
Hey mark, why not drill the side covers :), cooling galore.....
Infineon lyen edition 12 Fet
Goldenmotor Magic pie rear ....2000 Watt peak
oh yea.....Im too fat :)...but cute, oh yea, im cute

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 05:07:33 PM »
Hey Ginge,

Long time eah? What ye riding on these days ?

Yeah could drill the covers but still it's not as efficient as a motor designed for the power.

I'm on me old conhismotor dare I say it on this forum, it's really powerful at 5-6 kw and,will do 40 mph on 60 volts 120% setting.

The pie heats up far less but it's still a good blast around motor. The pie is too slow a wind and while it will climb walls, the conhismotor has the power where I need it most.

I rewired it with the 12 g alpha ecowire. I believe it's the same motor as the golden motor 1000 watt.

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 03:33:08 AM »
Just received a new shipment of Smart Pies. Here are a few updated pictures of the front Smart Pie. Looks very cool...

Gary

Offline Lollandster

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Norway
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 09:44:20 AM »
That new fin design looks much more efficient than the old one. It can finally be called a centrifugal fan. Of course this isn't possible on the rear wheel because the disc is on the same side as the controller.

Does anyone know how much current you can safely put trough this motor? I have done some offroading with the controller set at 20amps and ridden it very hard for half an hour the motor was only slightly warm. This was done in the snow though so it might get hotter in the summer sun. I have just ordered a Lyen 9fet controller capable of 72 volts and 30amps so it would be fun to try some overwatting. I'll probably take this up in the eBike Mod section when I get the new controller up and running. The reason I ordered the controller however was to get rid of the annoying throttle delay of the GM internal controller and make the magicpie more reliable (I have had to open the controller twice already to fix minor problems). The extra speed is of no use to me, but the extra power would be essential on hilly offroading. If the pie dies I'll buy a 1000w torque mac instead, but I hope it doesn't.
Disclaimer: I know nothing.
My ebike Build blog

Offline Just

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2014, 06:49:15 AM »
I rewired it with the 12 g alpha ecowire. I believe it's the same motor as the golden motor 1000 watt.

o00Scorpion00o,

How much does it (rewiring with 12g of alpha ecowire) add power and speed to the motor? Could you do the same job for an another motor and I'll buy from you?

Thanks