Author Topic: Charger schematic or fix.  (Read 23333 times)

Offline Nicobie

• Confirmed
Re: Charger schematic or fix.
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2008, 07:41:14 PM »
Just a quick note to say that thanks to Pete I got one of my burnt up chargers to work. It was the .1 ohm resistor that was at fault. I replaced it with a 5 watt one and all is well. The DC output on this one had been hooked up backwards even though the board was clearly marked which was + and -. They got it wrong at the factory. Seems to me that a 10 cent fuse is needed or even a simple circuit that would protect the charger from reverse hook-ups.

Unfortunately I couldn't find out what was wrong with the first one that cooked its self. The resistor tested good and this one's output was wired right. I guess something else went wrong. I only need one charger anyway, so everything is golden.

If anybody needs a .1 ohm 5 watt 15% wire wound resistor to try to fix their charger send my your address and I'll send you one.

Thank you again Pete!

Nick

Offline Nicobie

• Confirmed
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2008, 11:18:12 PM »
Well...  It appears that I posted too soon. The charger crapped out within 10 minutes of use.   >:(  And it seems that the seller could give a sh!t. He has never even bothered to answer any of my messages. Could he be a part of Golden Motors customer service? The dillweed sure acts like it.

I told the guy to not send it if it wasn't working. Anyway U look at it, I got screwed.

Nick

BTW.. the offer is still on for the free .1 ohm resistor.

Offline pdonahue

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2008, 01:53:14 PM »

DOH,

FWIW, mine is still working fine, though I've only charged my battery two days in the past week because it's been raining... 

Pete

Well...  It appears that I posted too soon. The charger crapped out within 10 minutes of use.   >:(  And it seems that the seller could give a sh!t. He has never even bothered to answer any of my messages. Could he be a part of Golden Motors customer service? The dillweed sure acts like it.

I told the guy to not send it if it wasn't working. Anyway U look at it, I got screwed.

Nick

BTW.. the offer is still on for the free .1 ohm resistor.