Author Topic: mp question  (Read 12301 times)

Offline gm nooby

• Confirmed
Re: mp question
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 04:31:43 PM »
holy sh!t!!! about a foot back on the cable before the connectors,if I bent the cable the motor would start.so I cut open the cable found the wires I need 35 mins later, twisted them together on my throttle and it works!now if thats not screwey nothing is.i need a nap now. ;)
if we ever get mail going, gary gets a ft long piece of cable with ends on it,so you can see what I went through! ;D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 04:45:11 PM by gm nooby »

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 07:55:52 PM »
There you go, simple wasn't it  ???

Sorry just kidding.

Maybe it got kinked in the box. I don't know. I can't even recall packing it or how I packed it. I do recall feeling guilty about how dirty it was. Please give it a shine and lets see some pictures :)

Glad to hear you have success! Now that you are an expert you can teach others with all you have learned. It's the GM Training school. The torch has been passed by the forum to you now.  ;D

Gary

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 11:55:39 PM »
Nooby, I'm pleased to hear you've finally got it working correctly.

Perhaps I should have asked this before, but is it a front or rear wheel you have?

I'm guessing it's a front wheel, as the wiring on the front motors is much more likely to suffer from fatigue within the cable due to the constant movement of the steering caused by Gary's wobbly riding technique.  ::)
A rear motor would only suffer from metal fatigue within the cable if Gary's bike had rear suspension, which I don't recall seeing in any of his pictures.

Are the wires just a single strand of rigid copper, or are they flexible multi-stranded wires?

If we ever get mail going, gary gets a ft long piece of cable with ends on it, so you can see what I went through! ;D

Upload a picture and we can all see it, and you'll save yourself the unnecessary expense of additional postage costs!

Even with this unexpected wiring hassle, it's still a real bargain at $70. Gary, have you got any more Pies for sale at a similar giveaway price? ;)

Alan

« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 11:57:24 PM by Bikemad »

Offline gm nooby

• Confirmed
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2011, 04:14:43 AM »
haha the wheel was 138.00 shipped. I wanted for my girl a low wire, controller built in bike.so now the work starts fixing it up properly. mounting, brackets etc. it is a rear wheel,long crappy cable install.those cables are very very bad!!!well I can say 1 thing,its runnin ;D.thanks everyone who pitched in to help I appreciate it.now I can help others with there mp bad cable problems.Bikemad has the crown.those pics helped alot.

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2011, 02:49:06 AM »
Actually the deal was 100 shipped. Because it doesnt have the straightest rim and its used. But the damn postal strike started so Nooby chipped in another 38 so he didnt have to wait for the lazy government shlubs to be legislated back to work. Originally it would have worked out to 70 plus approx 30 shipping but it ended up more do to the lazy shlubs not yet being forced back to work. Did I mention the lazy shlubs yet? Even though I stopped using canada post several days before the lockout I still have people with there stuff stuck in the mail due to the laz... well you get it..

Gary

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2011, 03:01:58 AM »

A rear motor would only suffer from metal fatigue within the cable if Gary's bike had rear suspension, which I don't recall seeing in any of his pictures.

Alan

Are you forgetting my current road warrior :)

this is the build...

http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=3090.0

But actually the wheel is off of my retired joyEbike so you are correct about the rear suspension but the tire was actually off the back.

This motor starred in the following video and if you listen to it you will see this is the rear internal motor that outperformed my external front pie.

So maybe you don't want to stab this one with a USB cable. Anyway here is the video, its a snoozefest but you can see how I liked that motor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUcYOSIgLSo

Which reminds me, I still have this one for sale as well..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWhF5qtbkHA

Gary
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 03:10:17 AM by GM Canada »

Offline karen

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2011, 09:53:00 AM »
You have a question for price on youtube.... might leave a reply there:)