Author Topic: Infineon Controllers  (Read 23910 times)

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: Infineon Controllers
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2011, 09:14:17 PM »
they are 2C 18650 13S8P

i like to use 2 of them on the average journey, 3 if its a biggie :)

15Kgs of batt though.........but 25 miles gives me only a 2V drop :)

15 kgs

You will want more than a freewheeling motor to haul that around

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2011, 02:04:23 PM »
well I've ordered my MAC 1000W rear..freewheel here we a comin... :o 8)

That was a bit sneaky! :D   now I see whay you bought that monster mini controller from Lyen :)

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • Im just trying to find my niche.3 e-bikes is fine
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2011, 06:04:08 PM »
well I've ordered my MAC 1000W rear..freewheel here we a comin... :o 8)

That was a bit sneaky! :D   now I see whay you bought that monster mini controller from Lyen :)

Nah, im just trying to learn...i got someone who wants a kit, but part of the journey is a crapper of a hill...i think its DD territory only but....at the same time I get to expand my learning, and be able to provide the right solution in the right situation.....and as I think electric bikes are becoming bigger and bigger, time to get in on the ground floor....

100 Miles now on the 500W mini motor burnout :)
As for the mini monster, his controllers are just damn class...that little monster is set for default of 1600Watts !!!!! and I have the programmer and compatible connections, what else would I use ??  ;D :o...id use it on the bathtub if I could

Have you re-wired your pie yet ??...waiting for an artsy moment ?
Infineon lyen edition 12 Fet
Goldenmotor Magic pie rear ....2000 Watt peak
oh yea.....Im too fat :)...but cute, oh yea, im cute

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2011, 09:12:00 AM »
Have you re-wired your pie yet ??...waiting for an artsy moment ?

It took 4 years for Michael Angelo to paint the sistine chapel, don't rush me :D

You/me might be waiting  little longer for the specialized bike to be put back on the road.  Firstly there is the the rear wheel disc cover, I'm also currently designing a bespoke bike frame bag that will be the exact size of the frame space to allow space for more battery power, cables and controller. Finally there will be the wiring. It could be another month or more :(
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 12:15:45 PM by Bikemad »

Offline nailsnglue

• Confirmed
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2011, 07:23:55 AM »
I opened this post back in May this year with a new Magic Pie and 5 beeps of death internal controller after ebraking on a fast downhill run with regen set high.

So just to bring you up to date:

I purchased a 40amp infineon Controller from ebikes.ca. It arrived the other day and I began the process of change over. It was simple enough but time consuming. I eventually worked out how to get the wheel apart, the circlips, the cover on both sides (one side stuck until I just pulled it from the middle). Rewiring job scaryily tight in that slot. I used as heavy guage as possible.  Prior to the job I read that the yellow phase should be swapped for the blue phase but in my case doing this actually caused the wheel to spin slow and groan. SO for me it was a straight colour change (simple enough). I soldered on the inside and I am currently searching for some nice plugs for the outside. I checked the hall sensors with my meter for good measure.  A floor test of the wheel with new controller causes it to spin up nice. Thanks very much to that poster. Application of a bit of load via brakes reveals a nice deep growl and plenty of power.

Note: the only wiring difference I noticed is in the throttle where -ve and control wire are around the wrong way.

Is it possible to get the battery meter to work or do I have to purchase cycle analyst.

Happy now!

I am just curious for others who have done this - where did you put the controller? screw to top of battery cover?

40amp Infineon controller - I thought this came with cruise control but holding the throttle open for seven seconds does not cause it to hold. Any thoughts?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2011, 03:14:12 PM »
Is it possible to get the battery meter to work or do I have to purchase cycle analyst.

The battery gauge should still work if you have the green wire connected to battery +ve and the black wire connected to battery -ve.

Take a look at this post for further information if you want to fine tune the battery gauge to suit your battery voltage.

Alan

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2011, 08:57:12 PM »
strangely mark, ive looked at the lipo...not much weight saving if you are talking the same ah, allowing for safety margins etc..probably only save a kilo or so....( which I could save by just not eating my second breakfast lol)

granted though, peak power is there

Ill give it a go though...whats your ebay link for the lipo, I was gonna build out of zippy 5000mah 22v

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2011, 05:06:29 PM »
strangely mark, I've looked at the lipo...not much weight saving if you are talking the same ah, allowing for safety margins etc..probably only save a kilo or so....( which I could save by just not eating my second breakfast lol)

granted though, peak power is there

Ill give it a go though...whats your ebay link for the lipo, I was gonna build out of zippy 5000mah 22v

Hey Gingey, Bikemad put me onto Hobby King a while ago, I haven't looked back since!

Actually Bikemad - you probably have cost me a fair bit of coin making me aware of those guys! lol

Fair enough you can get some good ebay deals, but alot of junk is there too :( I'd prefer to buy from Hobby King just because I know they are new, unused and have not been sitting in a box/shelf for a long time.

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2011, 06:53:17 PM »
yup, been browsing there :)....fancy a 20 ah pack @66V.....saving coins...

what charger did you go with ?