Author Topic: Ordered new Pie for delivery but no sign of life yet!!  (Read 23591 times)

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
Re: Ordered new Pie for delivery but no sign of life yet!!
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 06:46:37 PM »
i had this company on ebay make me a bespoke elasticated shower cap........
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Turtle-Covers

The bloke I spoke to was very friendly and eager to help out. He charged me a tenner inc. delivery for a made to measure waterproof cover ;)
Phone number: 07704 333 209 (evenings/weekends). just give him the length, width n depth dimensions.

here's the cover, I punched in an eyelet myself for the key hole for convenience but the cover fitted over the top of the key, so it was not absolutely necessary.

Andrew :)

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 06:47:53 PM »
The delivery company are using EMS, so as you say I might get lucky - thanks for the feedback.

Today I fixed the battery plate nice and good and solid to rack using stainless steel bolts and locking nuts. I was hoping to 'shroud' and conceal the rack and battery with a nice discreet rack sized saddle bag but had to delay as Halfords wants £54 - shocking price! Might improvise somehow instead  :-\

Just can't wait for Pie now - might take a couple of days off when they arrive .. you know .. take my time .. sup on a few cold beers ..sup on a few more .. few test spins etc.

Cheers for now all.

EMS initially dealt with my China order, but TNT took over once out of China??

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.

Offline Webby

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 08:24:53 AM »
Your cover looks really neat - thanks for the link to the panniers, they look like a good deal...Will need that for future pie expansion  ;D

Meanwhile I have adapted a tool bag from homebase (£13) to get me by (can't figure out how to imbed an image in this post as would have sent pictures of finished job ???)

China update: 7 days later ... nothing ... zip .. nil .. zero. No tracking number.. no replies ...rubbish. I can only hope and pray that all is well. My gut feel is that it is going to take longer than the specified max of 10 working days  :'( - I'm kicking myself for my mistake of not ordering from Canada. Lesson learnt me thinks.

BTW Andrew - are you running dual pies on one GM battery? If yes how are you finding it and what are you commute stats like e.g. distance, terrain etc? Also do you pedal a lot as well?

Online Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Posting pictures
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 11:32:19 AM »
Can't figure out how to embed an image in this post as would have sent pictures of finished job.

Webby, to attach pictures to your post, clik the Additional Options... link and then the "Choose File" button and browse to the picture file on your computer.
Click (more attachments) to add up to 4 photos max:

If you want to embed them into the text potion of your post, you must first upload them to a suitable picture sharing site like photobucket.com and then insert the IMG link into your post.

Alan

Offline Webby

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 12:06:09 PM »
Cheers Alan - here goes ..

Offline Webby

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 12:12:47 PM »
It worked, here are the other two ..

Online Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 12:58:29 PM »

It's looking very good Webby, you even have plenty of room in there for a giant sized lunch box and flask as well. ;D

I hope your Pie turns up soon so you can complete the installation, I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of the completed bike done to the same level of  stealthiness. ;)

Alan

Offline Webby

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: Ordered new Pie for delivery but no sign of life yet!! - from CHINA :-(
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 06:40:10 PM »
Cheers Alan - not perfect but will do for now...
.. however my future plans might require more battery space  :-\

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 07:00:13 PM »

BTW Andrew - are you running dual pies on one GM battery? If yes how are you finding it and what are you commute stats like e.g. distance, terrain etc? Also do you pedal a lot as well?

Hiya,  Yep running dual pies with singlke battery and 2 internal controllers. It's very easy to wire up and the second pie makes a massive difference.  i have used a single GM 48v battery with this set-up and the bike will run up steep Welsh hills with lots of torque without losing too much momento. WSith one pie alone the bike would slow right up to thre point of dying, not the case with dual pie ;D   Much stronger take-off and acceleration with two motors. I don't have detailed stats like you'd get from ginge, I don't use a cycle analyst. I have a 10 mile round trip to and from work and the GM battery handles this no problem full throttle the whole two journeys, I have not run it flat at any point. I tend to pedal like a mad man as well, 1.to keep the rozzers from looking twice and 2.due to the fact I do want a bit of exercise. I ditched the regen braking, although it worked a treat an was easily adjustable and could be made strong or subtle, I just did not like the brake lever feel. I have opted for hydraulic disc brakes.

Scroll down the page of this link to see my bike........
http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=2810.msg17040#msg17040

Offline Webby

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 07:29:44 PM »
Cheers Andrew - appreciate the insight. When my piece of pie arrives (eventually!) I will run on one pie for a couple of months and then get two.

When you say "slows right up to the point of dying" - I assume that this means you are putting nearly as much pedal effort in as you would without pes at all to complete the hill, albeit for less of a distance? Or am I off the mark here?

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • Im just trying to find my niche.3 e-bikes is fine
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 07:44:52 PM »
as living in the same area, I know your hills...the difference is like this

1 pie...take of at lights needs lower gears to be changed before stopping, steep hills need you to pedal in low  gears with the motor, as by itself, you slow and slow and then fall sideways histerically in top gear in benny hill fashion, with a WTF look on your face ( especially like me if you purchased the kit at a reputable local UK dealer for considerable more ££££)...knees on the old fellas take a knocking, as whenever you really pedal, you tend to go hard pedalling at high torque at short notice with no conditioning, usually about 16-18mph......its strange, but you really do need to adopt a different cycling style, ..I found that I wanted to take over on flats for "fitness", however you usually take over at 20MPH plus, something I would never do on a normal bike...

2 pies.......WTF are my feet for.......hmm maybe I could amputate and fit ginger built home grenade lithium batteries in that space, rozzers would never know.....
Infineon lyen edition 12 Fet
Goldenmotor Magic pie rear ....2000 Watt peak
oh yea.....Im too fat :)...but cute, oh yea, im cute

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 07:50:57 PM »

2 pies.......WTF are my feet for.......hmm maybe I could amputate and fit ginger built home grenade lithium batteries in that space, rozzers would never know.....

I'm hearing that! ;)

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • Im just trying to find my niche.3 e-bikes is fine
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2011, 01:25:45 PM »
oooh mr webby, lookie what I got for ya.... :P

Infineon lyen edition 12 Fet
Goldenmotor Magic pie rear ....2000 Watt peak
oh yea.....Im too fat :)...but cute, oh yea, im cute

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2011, 03:51:49 PM »
you could get arrested making devices like that :D  Do you have any workshops coming soon teaching how to create one of these?  Or is it already in the Anarchists cook book?  :P