Author Topic: internal to external to infineon 45A controller change....my thoughts  (Read 38033 times)

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • Im just trying to find my niche.3 e-bikes is fine
Re: internal to external to infineon 45A controller change....my thoughts
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2011, 09:38:07 AM »
Thanks Andrew.......rounds the thread off nicely :)
Infineon lyen edition 12 Fet
Goldenmotor Magic pie rear ....2000 Watt peak
oh yea.....Im too fat :)...but cute, oh yea, im cute

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: internal to external to infineon 45A controller change....my thoughts
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2011, 03:46:52 PM »
Hey guys,

You think the pie is fast @ 45 amps?? muhhhahaahahahahahah

Then try 80 amps!!!  :o

I must admit though once the speed has build up a little the amp draw falls off fairly fast, but still at max speed she was pulling just over 60 amps and pulled me up very fast, I would have liked to have tested it with around 80 volts, but I could feel the front wheel rising up the hill and I got scared, so I think I reached the absolute max safe torque for an Ebike, though I think with better weight distribution it could have taken more!

You want some mega LiFeP04 or and decent LiPo for that kind of power though!

Amazing thing was the eco wire held up no problem, though I didn't get the chance for any long term tests because my controller went up in smoke!  ::)

I sure miss her though, I'm sad I couldn't afford to keep it and build my next bike! One of the cool things about LiPo though is you can easily connect up the batteries for different voltages, mega fast short trips, or longer distance cruising.

From a 10 amp pack some LiPo can deliver over 500 amps CONSTANT!!!!  ::) Obviously you would run the pack down fast, but of course you would melt your motor. Imagine the Magic Pie glowing like a nuclear reactor in melt down!  ;D

I need to get out now the weather is fantastic for April 22 Celsius!  ;D

Mark