Author Topic: Cats, Kids and Customs.  (Read 18733 times)

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Cats, Kids and Customs.
« on: September 04, 2010, 12:51:33 PM »
Just a note.

In an impulsive move I deleted my account.  ::)

I re-joined as there are people here I do enjoy very much interacting with.

It was just an account.  Another reason I wanted to loose my tech officer badge and didnt want to go through all the explaining.  Now I am just a member like everyone else. :D  I liked being a normal member.

Whats happened?

I installed the 15 amp hour life batt on my bike with dedicated sensorless controller and HBS motor, and OMG I love lifepo.  The bike is like Ive never experienced.  Im Thinking it goes over 50kph.

I tested and worked the 15 ah batt and played around.

The irony is I just touch the 20ah batt and move to install Anderson power poles and I shorted the signalab BMS to the xlr plug for the 20ah batt and fried the fets.  Oh well Im replacing the outout fets or getting a new BMS.  It was like, remove the heatshrink protectors not even strip the cable shielding from the ends, wires move around a bit, and the ends are not even the same length but the xlr met them in the middle and zap.  Chances of that happening are slim.  

Chance of this happening to me seem to much more.

LOL its just a BMS. The cells are fine.  Both packs are balanced and awesome.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 03:26:28 PM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Hi sorry for my indescretions.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 01:12:53 PM »
I messed around with some aluminum checker plate and it was starting to concern me with the heat the aluminum would tranfer into the box the metal got too hot to touch.

So I just taped up the box foam the battery came in and puts some rubber around it.  The rubber gets hot but the thick foam insulates it well.

This summer my problem wont be getting the heat out of the pack it will keeping the heat out.  One more addition will be I add some mylar around the pack over that rubber and put some fake zebra pattern skin over it.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 01:28:55 PM by 317537 »

Bring it on

jensenff

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 08:07:10 PM »
I must say I'm glad you're back! ;D
My first need for sharing was when I just ordered one Magic Pie.  I brought with me the unassembled kit+my old bike+2 SLA's+tools on a one week vacation up in the mountains.  The kit had just arrived from China before leaving.  I did no install-planning whatsoever before leaving (stupid).
I had one concern after installing.  Found the forum on the web (mobile browsing).  Placed a question. Prompt response, nice response. I uploaded a video of my concern. Soon I could cool down and enjoy the Pie! Tnx again 317537, you were my first helper here at the forum.  (I am still a little disappointet of myself I didn't get it , 317537= Leslie. Someone had to spell it out to me,  goooood grief)

And I agree regard. the battery.  LiFePo will change the world! What a fantastic power source.
Stein

Offline Sundsvall

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • N 62° 23', E 17° 19'
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 08:41:44 PM »
Welcome back, Leslie!

I was a little bit worried for a while that you would leave us. I understand your decision regarding the badge, some people did give you a hard time.

Peter
Midsummer sun = up 02:54   down 22:51   angle 51,0° :)
Midwinter sun =    up 09:19   down14:18   angle 4,2° :(
Mean annual temperature = 3,1°C

Offline Sundsvall

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • N 62° 23', E 17° 19'
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 09:46:39 PM »
So I just taped up the box foam the battery came in and puts some rubber around it.  The rubber gets hot but the thick foam insulates it well.

I myself saved the foam box the battery came in because it really fit the battery exactly. My intention was however to give it shelter from the cold. :D

Looking great, Leslie.

Peter

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 01:19:59 AM »
Nice one Leslie, glad you decided to come back!

Bike is looking super!

What current are you pushing into that motor?

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 06:01:09 AM »
Thanks  heaps.

Well fathers day today.  I thought I take the HBS on a good ride as I worked it perfect and the bike was showing every sign of being solid as.

Pack is good, motor is jumping out of the box, sensorless controller was responding right off the mark needing no assist, well there's the sign, everything is working exceptional well.  Got 20 meters down the road and the Ecrazy controller crapped out on me. OMG.  LOL

I did some tests with a multimeter connected up to the phase wires to measure voltage and I had to set it to HV to even not see the spikes over the phase wires it was measuring overload on the meter. Since then the controller has become unmanageable. Must of been the motor side cap not filtering out the spikes.  No TVS's on these fets, even so would not of made the controller very functional if the motor side cap wasn't doing its job.

Im sort of glad my new stuff is one the way and I make what I can with it.

I do feel pretty worn out doing hard wiring for nothing.  I spent over $3000 AU and still have nothing to ride for it yet.  This is the Ebike way.  Have faith and work the bike better and hope the gear I bought will come together somehow someday.

If my Pie comes by ship its another 40 odd days before we will see them...  I think I will get an external Magic controller just to part of the crowd here, 

Should be fun :D

Thanks again my friends and remember you people here is why I came back.

Bring it on

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 11:37:31 AM »
HI Leslie,

Lithium is good al right . Those pings are good.

40 days for your pies? OMG!  :'(

what controller are you getting for your Pie?

You want to get a magic controller? muhahaha lets see if you can make her smoke!  ;D

As a matter of interest, what kind of current were you feeding that motor?

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 08:41:23 PM »
The ecrazy is not unlike the Infineon. 72v modded down to 48v yellow PCB I think the same layout, IRFB4110 FETS and 100v caps.

The only differences is yours has the CA connector and regen and mine isa native sensorless.

There were 2X20 amps shunts and I was having problems with SLA battery slump and sensorless working reliably when I got it.  So I cut the shunt and rode around on it for a few months then I up the volts to 60v controller and rode around on it some more.

Then my SLA's died and it sat around the home on the table for a month or so,,,

So 20 amps it was doing.  I got no CA so I just know by the shunts.

I have no idea why it died but the bike was kicking booty.  I rode it it to town, and the next day I tried the throttle and no response, I tried again a few time and it came to life, the wife rode around and got home with a small load in the trailer..

Yesterday I took off and got 20 meters down the road,

Ive been having some bad luck lately.  I havent been sleeping again.

Night Mark,

Bring it on

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 09:22:20 PM »
Sleep is good!

One my cats keeps waking me very early in the morning and if I don't respond to his meowing, he hops up on the locker and starts knocking down anything he can! what a clever little brat. I even watched him one morning and he looks over at us to see if we are moving and if not, then he knocks down some more things. My other cat loves to crawl under the blanket between the two of us, he crawls up on top of us waiting for us to lift the blanked so he can climb in and if non of us are awake he taps us on the nose or forehead. people that say cats are dumb animals are people who do not live with them LOL they are very clever! But we love them to bits!  ;D

Sometimes it can be hard to get sleep!  :)

Anyway back to bikes.

Do you think 25 mph max from the pie will be enough for you Leslie?

Mark

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 01:52:13 AM »
Well I got another 3 hours sleep again.

Your cat times 100 is my three 4yo triplet children.  Because they are identical something in the way they grow makes em a little slower not just mentally but physically too.

They are nearly 5 now and still act and look like 3 yos.  Which means 5 years raising 3 babies, It definetly sucks to me right now.  From the day they got home my life has been u[psidfe down and sleepless.  They were 4lbs and on 4 hourly feeds..

We finish feeding the last baby and the first one needs a change you finish changing all three the the first one needs a again feed.

A child their ages would allow a parent one sleep every now and then.  Its the nature of how they combine and communicate that make this so much more difficult. 

Three of them can destroy a room in 5 mins.  All you will hear is laughter coming from the room.  Beds all off the bases upside down and they peeled all the paint off the bed room walls.  No use painting it again as they just do all again.

We had to throw one of the new beds we bought them out as they tor all the covering off it and left ii a bunch of springs three days it took them..  They find a small hole in something and 30 little fingers go to work....

Another bed base is just springs on wheels but still works for its purpouse.  We want to get them new ones but it seems they just want to destroy new stuff.

You clean drawings off the wall and there is a new one it almostr like you clean it for them so they caqn do fresh drawings..  Take the crayons off them they used poo.

They steal all our cameras and wifes trinkets and in a fight over who get them throw it all over the fence in the neighbors pool.

To this day we have no idea where some much loved family collectibles have gone too.

Stay up all night just to have some sanity time out.

::)

Bring it on

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 01:59:34 AM »
40 kph will do juuuuust fine.  Going fast is one thing but the time getting to 40 kph is a type of fast too.  I love the feeling of acceleration more than I do going fast.

With the 15ah LI batt even my HBS was like a hound out of the box on the trail, lots of top speed torque those sensorless give out..  I started feeling sad when the acceleration wasn't anymore.

Anything that can compete with the tragic like my HBS in sensor mode would be awesome, any more would be like heaven in hell.

Bring it on

Offline Sundsvall

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • N 62° 23', E 17° 19'
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 06:33:18 AM »
I have three boys 18, 6 and 3 years old, and the small ones make a hurricane feel calm, but the oldest is their idol and a great help. They have some kind of filter in their ear that filters the voices of their parents, but the big brother always get through. I can only imagine how it would be if all of them were the same age.

As an old motorcyclist I can see the need for you to get on the road.

I’ve been thinking about to buy me a cat, I think it sounds cosy with your cats Mark.

Peter
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 06:36:36 AM by Sundsvall »

Offline Phil

• Confirmed
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 06:50:10 AM »
Glad you are back Leslie, you were also the first one to offer advise to me on this forum, until then, I felt a bit alone & out of my depth. I just love getting on my bike now & couldn't be without it. Every non-rain day the car stays in the garage.
I only have one three yr old, but boy, can I sympathise! The girl was away last weekend & had the whole time solo. There must be some way to put that energy into batteries.
250W 36V Mini Motor
Silverback Mercury2 26" MTB
Magic controler
Ping 36V 10Ah Battery
CA
Land of OZ

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 09:29:13 AM »
make a hurricane feel calm,

I’ve been thinking about to buy me a cat, I think it sounds cosy with your cats Mark.

Peter

LOL I think this is a funny expression.

We have three cats.

We were given the female and allowed her to have a litter and kept 2 boys.  They are all good cats and if we forget to feed they help themselves to the cupboards.  Thats OK if we want to keep our good food it reminds us to feed them and they need to eat. Otherwise they are no trouble at all.

They eat more tidy than children and don't leave the kitchen a mess. LOL

If you don't spoil them with too much food  they catch all the mice and scare the snakes away that come from the cane fields we live in and around..

They are spider hunters and immune to the most poisonous spider in Australia and maybe other types of animals that poison via Lymphatic system.

Train them as kittens to hunt spiders by attaching a realistic toy spider to a fishing line string and tease them.  They will hunt them forever after this.  

Cats are No 1 pets.  I like Dog but the Laws are cruel to them not the owners.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 09:31:26 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on