Author Topic: Much More Powerful Pie Now!!!  (Read 239890 times)

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: Much More Powerful Pie Now!!!
« Reply #240 on: August 12, 2010, 11:26:09 AM »
Hi Peter,

Did you get all your kit yet? is it all together?

Mark

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #241 on: August 12, 2010, 11:51:49 AM »
Yes

Peter show us your new ride.  Maybe link us to some pictures.  I think those froggies are new on the shelf...  They should give you plenty of love.

Leslie.

Bring it on

Offline Sundsvall

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • N 62° 23', E 17° 19'
« Reply #242 on: August 12, 2010, 10:46:43 PM »
I got the kit today and the Swedish customs took an additional 700 kr ($100). But I will not complain as this is the rules of importing and most of the packages passed them by.

The frog style battery pack is mounted on my winter bike and has only been tested for a short trip as it is studded tyres on her. She will also have a new rear tyre for the winter to come, but this just hangs over the handle bars so far. It will probably be done in a hurry when the snowing already started.

For my summer bike project I’ve ordered things from Canada, USA, England, China and Sweden. I have spent a lot of money and have nothing to ride on yet, but I almost got it all now. My original plan was to build my own frame but I found the most beautiful bicycle (in USA) and it saved me some work but made a large hole in my wallet. The battery is a Ping (from China) and the CA is bought from GM (in Canada).

Just as I suspected was the rim on the MP to narrow so I’ve already got my new rim (from England). I was also suspecting that the spokes wouldn’t fit on the new rim and I’m sorry to say I was right even here. Tomorrow I’m going to borrow a large slide-calliper at my work to measure the difference between the two rims and order new spokes (from Sweden). So I will have to wait for the new spokes before I can get going.

In time there’ll be pictures.

Peter

btw great post that last one Leslie
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 10:51:07 PM by Sundsvall »
Midsummer sun = up 02:54   down 22:51   angle 51,0° :)
Midwinter sun =    up 09:19   down14:18   angle 4,2° :(
Mean annual temperature = 3,1°C

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #243 on: August 12, 2010, 11:15:00 PM »
I got the kit today and the Swedish customs took an additional 700 kr ($100). But I will not complain as this is the rules of importing and most of the packages passed them by.

Just as I suspected was the rim on the MP to narrow so I’ve already got my new rim (from England). I was also suspecting that the spokes wouldn’t fit on the new rim and I’m sorry to say I was right even here. Tomorrow I’m going to borrow a large slide-calliper at my work to measure the difference between the two rims and order new spokes (from Sweden). So I will have to wait for the new spokes before I can get going.

In time there’ll be pictures.

Peter

btw great post that last one Leslie

Charge you $100 for them to implement laws,  That like a fine when you have not done anything wrong, and I suspect the MP rim is too narrow for the tires you need to use?

Bring it on

Offline Sundsvall

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • N 62° 23', E 17° 19'
« Reply #244 on: August 12, 2010, 11:53:27 PM »
Charge you $100 for them to implement laws,  That like a fine when you have not done anything wrong, and I suspect the MP rim is too narrow for the tires you need to use?

The $100 is mostly VAT and this is the second time I had to pay this in this project, but it still should’ve been more if I’d give them the correct value and I had paid for all the non-EU purchases.

The tyre is 75 x 509 an will be fitted on a 46 mm wide rim.

Peter

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2010, 06:05:22 AM »

The $100 is mostly VAT and this is the second time I had to pay this in this project, but it still should’ve been more if I’d give them the correct value and I had paid for all the non-EU purchases.

The tyre is 75 x 509 an will be fitted on a 46 mm wide rim.

Peter

Yay they just trying to bring more laws in so they can skin more people for their money.  The USA is corporate freedom and  regulate the people in EU its regulated the business and make the business and consumer pay for the regulations.

Not fair to be honest.  They just codes and regulations set in place by registered businesses themselves,  not even common law. People like to learn and experiment then if the common law is broken then give punishments.

If the ebike is too fast allow it to sell and if rider endangers the public by riding too fast then place $$ fine $$ on offender I say.

Food products, agriculture and medical has reason to make tight regulations.  They start a good thing and destroy it with greed.  We say here "you give an inch and they take a mile".

Bring it on

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #246 on: August 13, 2010, 10:19:25 AM »
Check this out!

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/merc-driver-faces-650k-speeding-fine/251881

LMAO he deserves it in my opinion. It is some shocking fine though isn't it? that's if he gets it. But that kind of carry on on the roads is really childish and shows he doesn't care about anyone else's safety on the road. He probably is barely able to handle a car at those speeds! That's fine on the autobahn in Germany as a lot of it is unlimited and you can do 300 mph if you could, legally! It is spooky but fun first time on the autobahn, 100mph in the middle land and cars flying past in the left lane. But they know how to drive over there and keep in their lanes. Not like here, middle lane hoggers at 50mph! 

Peter $100 is a disgrace. Irish customs did not charge me a penny for Pie kit. Nor on my ping battery. I got charged the first kit from conhismotor on the battery, €15.00 I could live with that!

The E.U is driving me mad with their laws and taxes, regulations bla bla. However the Irish Government is worse. Anyone who has parking provided for them by their employees in the bigger cities and towns will have to pay over €250 a year tax!!!  :o :o :o That's if the new legislation is passed, which it will of course. The economy is in tatters here and the Government can only increase taxes in one of the worst recessions in history, Not doing anything to provide jobs!

Don't get me started on car tax, it costs me €580 a year to tax a 1.9 diesel! (they want us driving tiny little 1.0litre 55 hp cars here) €1.29 per litre of Diesel. €1.40 for litre of petrol, And on top of that if you buy a new car there is called V.R.T a tax on buying a new car, which is calculated after the vat is already added on to the car. It costs anything up to 30% extra! Insane! grgrgrgrgrgrg

Anyway there is no way I care about a ebike that does 24mph in a 15mph lousy peddle assist regulated E.U! I don't Care!

What law next? Air tax, we will go around with a meter connected to a tube and have to pay per litre of air!!! It's getting worse. Pity they don't fix the broken roads!

okay  rant over .... for now! I think I didn't get enough sleep or something last night! LOL     

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #247 on: August 13, 2010, 11:52:31 AM »
 ::)

I had a look at Irish states. Got as far as commissions and thats a word we know here well.  They good at hiding the numbers they don't want you to know.  An other vote out chairman on thrown signs the letter.

I don't have anymore time for real conspiracy.  I like UFO's and Elvis is still alive stuff.  The government is a smoke screen though,  Always can change the man to blame and the real dolts that are the puppet master are always in power.

You have enough unrest over there without anyone outside stirring the hornets nest.

You enjoy your life, drink the wine, and let the world be the world.  Any more pain that hurts the soul more than a cut is to bleed then cry aloud.  Others are ready to help.

Bring it on

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #248 on: August 13, 2010, 11:58:11 AM »
Hi Leslie,

I do enjoy life as best I can. And for now that enjoyment is E-biking, when it works!  :D  ;D   ::)

My parts still are not dispatched yet!  :'(

I guess I might have it at the end of next week, Hopefully. I could set up my old silver controller again, but it's a pain dis assembling it all again! 

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #249 on: August 13, 2010, 01:11:02 PM »
Hi Leslie,

I do enjoy life as best I can. And for now that enjoyment is E-biking, when it works!  :D  ;D   ::)

My parts still are not dispatched yet!  :'(

I guess I might have it at the end of next week, Hopefully. I could set up my old silver controller again, but it's a pain dis assembling it all again!  

Do you really want to do all that twice for a few days of riding?  Be patient and wait?.

Bring it on

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #250 on: August 13, 2010, 06:52:57 PM »

Do you really want to do all that twice for a few days of riding?  Be patient and wait?.

Nope I don't  ;D

Offline Sundsvall

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • N 62° 23', E 17° 19'
« Reply #251 on: August 13, 2010, 07:46:02 PM »
Check this out!

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/merc-driver-faces-650k-speeding-fine/251881

I would like to comment the Swedish moron that drove to fast in Switzerland. Why do it in the land with the hardest laws against this? Maybe it’s a cool thing to have the world’s largest driving ticket. Whenever I meet people whose angry they got caught I tell them that it wasn’t the worst thing that could’ve happened. Even worse are those drunk drivers.

Peter

Offline o00scorpion00o

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #252 on: August 13, 2010, 09:41:25 PM »
I would like to comment the Swedish moron that drove to fast in Switzerland. Why do it in the land with the hardest laws against this? Maybe it’s a cool thing to have the world’s largest driving ticket. Whenever I meet people whose angry they got caught I tell them that it wasn’t the worst thing that could’ve happened. Even worse are those drunk drivers.

Peter

people with money think they can buy their way out of trouble, and usually they can. This fine may be unbelievable to most of us. But to him it is probably like a few hundred to us! I believe if that happened in Ireland you would end up in court and maybe loose your license.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 11:54:08 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Lunatic drivers!
« Reply #253 on: August 14, 2010, 02:09:18 AM »
A few years ago I was prosecuted for speeding on my bike when I was captured by a mobile speed camera shortly after I was almost hit by a lunatic driver.

Here is part of the letter I wrote to the court explaining the circumstances:

Quote from: my letter to the court
Whilst I am not trying to excuse my speeding, I would just like to explain how and why it occurred.
On Sunday 27th August 2006 I was travelling Northbound on the A380 on my way to the Motorcycle show at Westpoint.  I was overtaking in the outside lane of the dual carriageway when a light blue convertible, with it’s roof down (Possibly a BMW or Mercedes), suddenly came past on my offside, missing me by barely a couple of inches.  I was in total disbelief at what had just happened and I instinctively accelerated in order to catch up with this lunatic driver.  I was unaware of how fast I was travelling, because I was busy trying to catch up with the driver who had just cut me up, and I did not take my eyes off the road ahead in order to look at the speedometer.
I eventually managed to catch up with the car because it suddenly slowed right up and pulled over into the left hand lane.  I rode alongside the car and gave the driver a piece of my mind before continuing on my journey.
I cannot remember the registration number of the car, but I recall the digits on the rear number plate had been spaced incorrectly in order to be read as words.
Hopefully this car will also have been captured by your camera and my explanation can be verified by the officer/s monitoring the camera.

Fortunately for me, when my case went to court, the evidence from the speed camera had actually captured the car I had described, and this was even pointed out to the court by the prosecuting officer as he read my letter to them.
Here is one of the pictures from the speed camera which was presented as evidence against me:

I explained to the court that this was my first motoring offence and I had held a clean license for over 28 years. I was convicted for driving at 105mph (169km/h) and fined £110.00 plus had to pay £35.00 costs (approx $226.00) and also received 6 penalty points on my license. :(

But like Peter said, it could have been a lot worse. I don't even want to consider the outcome if me and my 19 year old son had been knocked off the bike at 70mph by this lunatic driver.

I know it was wrong to chase after him, but it was an automatic response to what I can only describe as a near death experience.
If you've never been in a situation like this before, you will not be able to understand quite how much it affects you! ;)

But I shouldn't really complain, because neither my son or myself were physically harmed from this experience and we're still around today to recall the incident!

Alan

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 07:54:37 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #254 on: August 14, 2010, 04:12:34 AM »
Yeah something that that rich speed freak should get is a 1000 hours community service in a hospital.  I used to work in as a trolleyman in a large Sydney hospital, we would wheel em down to the morgue.  Many stank of alcohol.

Speeding is a drug not unlike amphetamines, adrenalin, what's the difference?

Alan your story brought tears to my eyes.  I don't cry when I'm sad.  I only cry when I'm happy, one of my other weirdness's.

I am happy for you and your son. 8)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 04:14:46 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on