Author Topic: Who's using PI-200 Controller USB Cable??  (Read 28457 times)

Offline Ramses

• Confirmed
Re: Who's using PI-200 Controller USB Cable??
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2010, 10:09:56 PM »
Thank you Alan : :) :)b now I kwow A bit more. What parameters would you propose (36V,12Ah)

But more question: about PAS, what means "low,middle,high":
What about "anti Theft" I hear no "no beep"  ???

What about PAS? I wait for 2 beeps but there4 was no beep!
Thank you
ramses
j

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2010, 01:36:26 AM »
The parameters will depend on which motor you have. If you have the HBS or the Magic Pie, try the following:
  • Max Continuous Current = 30 Amps (9 Amps @36V should give ~250Watts continuous output power @ 77% efficiency for legal requirements)
  • Max Peak Current = 50 Amps
  • PAS = Low (can be increased if assistance is too low)
  • Motor Voltage = 24V (This sometimes provides more torque than the 36V setting)
  • Forward Scale Speed = 100%  (you may need to reduce this to comply with legal requirements)
  • Reverse = Enable, mode = Unimm (The wheel must be stopped before reverse will operate) and set Reverse Scale Speed to 25% to start with
  • Regen Brake = 50% (This can be increased or decreased to suit your personal preference)

I think the Low, Mid and High for the Pedal Assist will set the amount of assistance from the motor in relation to the pedal speed.
The Pedal Assist Mode should start automatically on the later controllers, so don't expect to hear the 2 beeps.

I don't think the Anti Theft Function does actually work on the later controllers, but if anyone has managed to get it working on a later controller, please let us know.

Alan

Offline Caipi82

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2011, 12:18:34 PM »
Hi,
I started a new topic Self-made PI-200I cablehttp://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=2870.msg17442#msg17442
perhaps seomebody can help me.
Thanks