Author Topic: 3 beeps from the hub.  (Read 5711 times)

Offline Jazzjerry

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Carpe Noctum
    • Beeldhout
3 beeps from the hub.
« on: February 20, 2010, 11:09:33 PM »
Today just when I got home, the Pie stopped working. I first thought the battery might be empty but the throttle showed 3 leds green orange and red. I turned the key and power of and on and then I noticed 3 beeps coming from the hub.

I tried the throttle again, Stil does not work.

But now when I press the cruise button the motor does turn......

What could this meen?

Best regards,

JJ
. _   _   __  __  ___  ____  ____  _     _   ____  ____
 ( )_( ) (  ) (  )(  _ \ (  _ \ (  _  )(  \/\/ ) ( ___) (  _ \
  ) _ (   )(__)(  ) _<  )___/ )(_)(  )      (   )__)   )    /
 (_) (_)(_____)(__ / (__)  (____)(__/\__)(____)(_)\_)

Offline Sangesf

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: 3 beeps from the hub.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 11:50:28 PM »
Today just when I got home, the Pie stopped working. I first thought the battery might be empty but the throttle showed 3 leds green orange and red. I turned the key and power of and on and then I noticed 3 beeps coming from the hub.

I tried the throttle again, Stil does not work.

But now when I press the cruise button the motor does turn......

What could this meen?

Best regards,

JJ

From the controller Manual....

3. How to work with throttle malfunctions:
If the throttle does not work properly or failed in the middle of your way, the controller will report this
error by 3 beeps of sound. You can drive your ebike at half speed by depress the cruise control button. The
controller will be back to normal mode automatically upon the problem is resolved.
Means, your throttle is either broken or a loose or broken wire between throttle and controller...

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 04:35:20 AM »
My pie did the three beeps one time I forget to connect the PS/2 like cable, I think it could be some false contact (some connector is loose, or something like).

Offline Jazzjerry

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Carpe Noctum
    • Beeldhout
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 12:16:21 PM »
I will try and look into that.

So throttle problems.

Opened the throttle up. Now I will have to wait for my multimeter that is in my workshop.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 12:22:42 PM »
I will try and look into that.

So throttle problems.

Opened the throttle up. Now I will have to wait for my multimeter that is in my workshop.

Jerry,

The connections on both sides of the three pin connector would be my first place to check rather than inside the throttle itself.

Alan

Offline Jazzjerry

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Carpe Noctum
    • Beeldhout
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 12:30:25 PM »
Hello Allan,

I hardsoldered everything up so There are no connectors.

Offline Jazzjerry

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Carpe Noctum
    • Beeldhout
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 04:01:07 PM »
Since I have no multimeter here, this afternoon I soldered up some leds as a tester.

I do get current and volts going to the throttle hall sensor (red wire on sensor) led lights light up.., I don't get any light / volts / current coming from the throttle hall sensor (white wire on sensor) when twisted to full throttle.

Since I opened the throttle up in this forum a while ago to have a look inside, I have ordered a new one from Devi Motion (Netherlands) since ....Me opening up the throttle housing made the guarantee void... At least I feel that I fiddled with it in ways that go past normal use....... Maybe I fiddled with it too much or something else happened, But it seems that it is only a malfunctioning throttle which is a relief to me anyway.

Best Regards,

JJ

Offline Pwd

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 06:12:44 PM »
Any updates?

Just today I had a problem with my Pie. I noticed that the front hub has alot of resistance, and shakes the whole bike when it is turning. I powered it on and off and the hub beeps three times (apparently this is a throttle issue as mentioned above). Any ideas?

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 09:57:35 PM »
Since I have no multimeter here, this afternoon I soldered up some leds as a tester.

I do get current and volts going to the throttle hall sensor (red wire on sensor) led lights light up.., I don't get any light / volts / current coming from the throttle hall sensor (white wire on sensor) when twisted to full throttle.

Since I opened the throttle up in this forum a while ago to have a look inside, I have ordered a new one from Devi Motion (Netherlands) since ....Me opening up the throttle housing made the guarantee void... At least I feel that I fiddled with it in ways that go past normal use....... Maybe I fiddled with it too much or something else happened, But it seems that it is only a malfunctioning throttle which is a relief to me anyway.

Best Regards,

JJ

Ahhh throttles shmottles.

I  will order three now, when I get them cut the handles off leaving 30mm on the twist and stick a butt on the ends of the handle bar to stop the grip from comming off.  Very strong throttle now ;D. I'll be done with worrying about them for a few years.

If you want to play around order yourself a 3 throttles and get 3 controllers and three of the cheaper hubs.  You will be so happy you did.  Can learn lots this way.

Its like OMG what now?  hehe its fixed already.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 09:59:24 PM by 317537 »

Bring it on