Author Topic: Anti-Theft setting? I can't understand, has anybody understood it?  (Read 12358 times)

Offline jimabbott

Hi All,

How do you activate the Magic Pie anti theft device and subsequently get the the wheel lock upon movement?
I've tried various methods and no way have I got the wheel to lock, any ideas?

It is detailed in section "6)" in the Magic Pie User Manual or was the information provided incorrect?

If I'm just missing something then please explain it clearly to me. ie:-

a)....
b)....
c)....

etc

Thanks

Jim
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 10:45:18 PM by jimabbott »

Offline Balderdash

• Confirmed
Re: Anti-Theft setting? I can't understand, has anybody understood it?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 11:11:47 PM »
There's a user manual?!?!  ???

I didn't get one with my pie... could someone from GM post a PDF of it, please?

(On a related note - I did not receive a warranty card either - has anyone else got one?)

Offline jimabbott

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 03:04:55 PM »
Surley somebodys worked out how to get the Magic Pie anti theft, wheel lock device working, or are we all stupid, including me.

Jim

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 03:18:58 PM »
On the magic controller you have a buzzer for signals, like problems, setup and anti-theft setting, does this device exists on the Pie? And, the main point of the anti theft thing besides the wheel lock feature, is the alarm, a thing that is not present on the pie as I know even as a connector......

So, the only feature possible in the pie the wheel lock, but it is not possible to setup 'cause we do not have the feedback buzzer (I'm not sure of this, My pie is coming yet)... Basically the pie have the magic controller, anyone was able to setup this on any other GM motor besides the pie but using the magic controller?

Offline jimabbott

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 06:30:07 PM »
Hi,

In section 6 of the attached Magic Pie user manual instructions are given for the anti theft devive that nobody appears to understand including me.
There is a footnote that states that for the Magic Pie kits beeps should be replaced with flashes of light.

Jim

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 07:22:47 PM »
On what I was able to understand you need to do these steps:

1- Cut power from the engine, but let the controller on (this is the tricky part... how do that if the engine is feeded by the controller from inside?)
2- Take out the battery key (let it at the position "on", but just for controller, how?)
3- In less than 10 seconds, press the cruise control button until your light flashes once

The alarm is on, if someone try t move it will turn on the not present siren alarm for 30 seconds and EM locks the motor....

So I think the part is not correctly explained is that one "the soft power off" state...

Offline jimabbott

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 08:47:23 PM »
But when I cut the power to the controller (remember that the Magic Pie has the controller incorporated) I cut the power to everything as there is only ground and positive going to it?

There are of course signal wires that are discussed elseware in this forum that go into the Magic Pie

Jim

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 08:51:25 PM »
That is the point I was trying to make  ::)

Even on the magic controller / other hub motor setup, how do we do the "soft off"?

A think this is the main question here, 'cause this is the basic step to turn on the anti-theft system!

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 12:05:58 AM »
Maybe the soft-switch off power is just not press the throttle, then you take the key of your battery leaving it on the on-position and press the cruise mode button until hear the beep or the lights flash.

Anyone who have the magic controller/pie already tried this?

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 01:32:00 AM »
Maybe the soft-switch off power is just not press the throttle, then you take the key of your battery leaving it on the on-position and press the cruise mode button until hear the beep or the lights flash.

This thread is about using an EV battery with the Alarm of a magic controller. As far as I understand it You would have to bypass the switch on the battery and connect to the green on the magic controller to keep it live when the key is off. Not sure if this helps..

http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=1188.msg6326#msg6326

Gary

Offline jimabbott

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 08:35:03 AM »
Thanks Gary,

But my issue is with the MAGIC PIE and not the MAGIC CONTROLLER

Jim

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 10:03:22 AM »
Yes, but I'm sure that Gary solve the problem. The Pie inside controller IS A MODIFIED MAGIC CONTROLLER.

Magic Pie controller:

Magic Controller:

The anti-theft system to works NEED the "G" terminal to me connected to the battery (this is the feeding of "soft switch off" point) and this is NOT wired on the pie, so:

For this particular Pie from Hyena's posts on ES and here DOES NOT HAVE THIS FUNCTION ENABLED! And maybe the others too.... And I think that the reason is the limit on the number of cables that they can pass through the small side port of the pie, we do not even have the horn cables, and so the alarm.

One form to activate should use that famous yellow cable and modify the pie to put this yeloo cable on the "G spot" of the pie (LOL) that use this as A bypass for the enti-theft system...

But I see no point in doing it... If I'm not wrong (I'll test this on my pie when it arrives here) if the theft just take out the power cable, well, even the magic controller will have no magic at all in this funcion. I'll prefer to take the battery with me as it is the most expensive and portable part of the ebike!!! and use one of theese: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.27127 and a nice and good treated monster steel chain.

;D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 07:02:41 PM by Bikemad »

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 08:34:39 PM »
Thanks Gary,

But my issue is with the MAGIC PIE and not the MAGIC CONTROLLER

Jim

Im just replying to this quote...

Which is asking about the magic controller/pie. Also if I understand correctly, that post is  reffering to the fact that the keyswitch kills all power from the EV battery. So if your using either the Magic Controller or the pie controller having no power from the battery would effect both.

Gary
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 08:42:25 PM by GM Canada »

Offline jimabbott

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 08:37:16 PM »
I've tried everything and I just cant get the anti theft device to work and Yao has not yet replied after 18 days (is he still with GM?)

anyway looks like I've been sold a duff one :'(

Yacamin have you received your Magic Pie yet?

Best regards to everone

Jim
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 09:16:26 PM by jimabbott »

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 08:48:34 PM »
Mine is comming! It was at the Frankfurt Airport  by the morning and should arrive in Brazil today. The shipment company called me yesterday about the taxes and to check the address, it could be here on a day or three.

I hope it arrives before the weekend :D