Author Topic: Magic Pie Warranty?  (Read 18176 times)

Offline Electrobent

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: Magic Pie Warranty?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2009, 12:13:28 AM »
Thanks Alan, that was my first thread and captures most of the relevant information except for the inductance measurement that started at: http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=1501.0

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2009, 06:16:47 AM »
Hehehe.
Does he make you fell this way?
I'm not a forum hero here but to some degree the Mod here is new to me.
I for one am glad he's around.  The forums are better off with the moderator and one who is two steps behind.

Nah, I'm just joking around abit. Really the point was that others here definatly have more EBike knowledge then I do. Your another one of these guys as well. I was looking at this post..

http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=1520.0;topicseen

Man you do enjoy a challenge. Thanks for the comments on the site  :D

Gary

Yes I do enjoy challenges and am a gluton for punishment.

I like to learn everything about stuff from top to bottom.  I tend to get all the details muddled up until they come out the right way.  Then like a mountaineer who has climbed the same mountain 50 times get I sick of it and take up some other thing that confuses the hell out of myself and other people.

There is all the math that comes with knowing this stuff and once you get a feel for whats going on you can make it up or at least understand what it means.

With the motor rebuild, I think I have special needs.  If I can wind a 48v hub that goes the speed of the HBS36 500watt at 48v but have the ruggedness of the 1000 watt hub maybe, just maybe I will have my cake and eat it.

Bring it on

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2009, 01:22:13 PM »
Thanks Alan, that was my first thread and captures most of the relevant information except for the inductance measurement that started at: http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=1501.0

I have spent considerable time watching your video and reading your posts. I have written to a few people at GM asking for some clarity on the situation. I'll keep you informed, hopefully without being thrown into the streets :0)

Gary

Offline Electrobent

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2009, 03:56:07 PM »
Gary:

Thanks very much!

--Eric

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re:Wheel replacement
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 03:25:16 AM »

Eric (electrobent),

I have some good news for you:

I've just been having a long talk with Yao (and Tom) on MSN regarding your problem.
The outcome of this discussion is that they will be sending you a replacement wheel, so let's hope it arrives safely and allows you to get your bike back on the road again where it belongs.

It's 3:25am here, and I need to get some sleep, but I will catch up with you another time.

Alan

Offline Electrobent

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 05:16:17 AM »
Alan--

Thanks very much!

--Eric

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re:Wheel replacement
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2009, 10:01:46 AM »

Eric (electrobent),

I have some good news for you:

I've just been having a long talk with Yao (and Tom) on MSN regarding your problem.
The outcome of this discussion is that they will be sending you a replacement wheel, so let's hope it arrives safely and allows you to get your bike back on the road again where it belongs.

It's 3:25am here, and I need to get some sleep, but I will catch up with you another time.

Alan

Hey, That's great! I was chatting with them through email as well at the same time. Since then I took a shower and had breakfast. I came here to spread the good news and you beat me to the punch!  :)

So your off to bed now and this is when I usually get up, have a great day! (or should I say night?)

Gary

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2009, 10:16:50 AM »
That GM virtual mouth piece is an interesting piece of technology. If fact your site is rather interesting, it is almost automated.  A lot needs to be developed based on this concept, you got to start some where.  Like first run shes cool but can I click on her mouth to shut her up? :D

JKE.

just the same.

Good work on the site ahh, very modern concept!  

Haha, I feel the same way sometimes , "Where do I click to shut her up!". I did make a few changes, added new models, figured out how to get them to stop repeating themselves and automated it so you can go right through the tour with your arms folded or click on anything to get out. Hopefully its a little better now. Check it out now if you have the time..

http://www.goldenmotor.ca/Guided_Tour.php

Gary

« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 12:07:04 PM by GM Canada »