Author Topic: Should He Stay Or... Oh, never mind.  (Read 20346 times)

Offline Dave

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
    • davintosh
Never mind.
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 01:34:51 AM »
Um, now that I've gone and made a fool of myself -- sorry for that -- and have come to my senses, anybody know an easy (or hard) way to delete this thread? Or at least lock it so it eventually fades into obscurity?

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
Re: Should He Stay Or Should He Go? (myelectricbike, that is)
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 02:50:39 AM »
I would not worry about it, Dave. We are such crazy idiots ourselves that if a naked college grad and his girlfriend fell out of a tree on top of the casket in the middle of a funeral we would still probably laugh. Welcome to the club! Besides I, myself, am kind of interested in the results, especially if you can check the "can change vote" option. If not or otherwise, don't worry about it. Its just part of the fun we seem to be having of late around here! ;D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 05:51:11 AM by myelectricbike »

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: Should He Stay Or Should He Go? (myelectricbike, that is)
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2007, 05:19:29 AM »
  Speaking of college grads falling out of trees, A local sheriff was called to investigate a suspicious vehicle parked on a golf course road. When the officer(s) approached thecar, no occupants were found except a trail of clothing articles leading on to the green. The officer(s) looked for the occupants of the vehicle and noticed giggling up a low tree where he found the two college kids in the buff. The officer(s) was so shocked, he told the two to gather their stuff and leave.(no charges filed, just a red face) ;D :) ;D

Offline emzed

• Confirmed
Re: Should He Stay Or... Oh, never mind.
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2007, 11:09:50 AM »
Bit off topic but more along the lines of where did he go... What happened to Dray?

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2007, 12:41:09 PM »
I don't know. One day his name was black. I thought it was some kind of neat BBC code and was trying to figure it out when I noticed the last announcement he made to Philip was deleted.

I think all of Dray's other announcements are still on the board and you can probably still contact him through his web site.

Prior to his becoming a Golden distributor...

DONT BUY!
Are these kits any good?   
Anyone actually riding the Golden motor electric kit???????
Is there a "real" us warehouse? 
Anyone tried the 36V 15AH Lipo's

After his becoming a Golden distributor...

Goldenmotor kits available in Southern Ca
How about some pics of your Electric bikes? Post em!
myelectricbike, I don't have anything against you
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 12:47:18 PM by myelectricbike »

Offline OneEye

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2007, 03:30:31 PM »
It appears Dray and Friggerand have both used the "Delete this account" option in their "Profile".  Either that or someone is silently moderating the boards.  Of course Dave and JFuller are still registered users after a prolonged disagreement with myelectricbike, so I don't think he kicked anyone.  It is interesting that both users happen to be value-added retailers of bikes fitted with goldenmotor kits.  I'm sure a good conspiracy theory can be built from that tidbit of information alone.

Friggerand made a formal announcement he was departing the board and moving to crystalite motors and controllers.  Friggerand has set up a user account on Endless Sphere by the name of echoppershop and has advertised electric chopper bikes similar to his own on that forum.  Unfortunately he got off on the wrong foot with a couple of the "senior" members of that website and it appears he has voluntarily stopped posting there.  Friggerand's website is http://www.freewebs.com/echoppershop/

I missed any departure announcement from Dray.  As has already been mentioned, he is doing business at http://www.ampedbikes.com.

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2007, 04:34:54 PM »
Nope. I requested administrative/moderator status but without response to either that request or to several others, so I can definitely reiterate that I'm just a Golden owner like everyone else except perhaps for being aware of the need for more input to build a comprehensive owner's manual than my own and the value such an owners forum might have to take a manual's place. 

The interesting thing about this forum now is the direct opposition from those who would otherwise claim that a Golden motor is so efficient that it will give a 30 mile radius and 3,000 recharge cycles on a 12 volt, 12Ah SLA/AGM, just to sell a kit. I believe Philip to be an honest business man struggling against overwhelming odds from perhaps other owners and certain distributors, dealers and resellers who do not want the truth to be spoken and shared, and dealt with by owners so they can make false claims to sell lots of kits. I believe that Philip sees the value of this forum as much as we do for both long term sales and trust in his company it will bring rather than as the threat which dishonest and deceitful distributors, dealers and resellers see. Philip is up against the devil, which is what I see, and we are here to either help him succeed in his struggle or abandon him and let the devil win. Hopefully Philip will be able to return the favor to us someday in ways we have not thought of yet. So everyone hang in there, we are not done helping Philip and each other fight the devil, not quite yet.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 05:31:44 PM by myelectricbike »

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2007, 05:12:47 PM »
ditto for me too! ;D

Offline OneEye

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2007, 06:37:39 PM »
I hope everyone noticed I was being facetious when suggesting a conspiracy theory about kicking folks from the board.  It's most likely both users left of their own volition and used the "Delete this account" option to do so.

-Mike

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2007, 06:50:49 PM »
I don't know. I suppose someone could register under a fabricated user name  ??? and then call Philip names or use bad language, etc. to find out if there is a phantom moderator. I means I know its not me. I have to go somewhere else to use the mens room since there is no key on me.  :(

Offline OneEye

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2007, 07:06:09 PM »
Yeah, I'll register as ImNotOneEyeDontKnowWhoHeIsEither and start lobbing insults  :D

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2007, 07:34:28 PM »
As a research project I'd make a list according to severity of insult and then work my way gradually up the list so the trigger point could be recorded. First I'd start by insulting myelectricbike all the way to the top of the list and then I'd hit on mustangman. If that didn't get me into trouble then I'd go for OneEye and if that still didn't get me into trouble then I'd attack Philip as well (No offense Philip, just using your name as an example for OneEye to try in his research...  ;D ). If by some remote chance I survived the fallout from all of that then I'd declare myself the winner and simply continue making rounds insulting everybody else.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 09:50:47 PM by myelectricbike »

Offline Dalecv

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2007, 09:02:56 PM »
Dray told me that he voluntarily quit the forum. No juicy conspiracies to investigate.

Offline OneEye

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2007, 09:06:32 PM »
But conspiracy theories are much more fun  ;D

Hang on a sec, prove to me YOU aren't the one kicking folks off the forum...That's right, DaleCV, I'm pointing at you!

* OneEye >laughs maniacally<   :D

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2007, 09:54:58 PM »
Na, it can't be DaleCV. He live near Portland where all the have is a Miller trap door in case you've already done some time in Shanghai as a volunteer Merchant Marine.