Author Topic: Is this company using Golden's?  (Read 16580 times)

Offline cadstarsucks

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: Is this company using Golden's?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2007, 07:26:36 PM »
Ugh. Don't think I'd trust that bike with a motor attached. You'd surely be doing some serious repair work on it or replacing it in short order. I've been riding bikes for a long time, and have spent a fair amount of time fixing them professionally. The old maxim, "You get what you pay for", may not hold true for many things, but it really does for bikes. At least when buying a new bike. An older well-built bike can be had for about the same as you'd pay for that Walmart POS, but will last longer. A lot longer. You may not get the suspension as with this one, but suspension on cheap bikes is a dodgy proposition anyway.
Well there is certainly that.  I did have a cheap bike and never did get into it to adjust the front "suspension".

Dan

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2007, 09:56:20 PM »
  I am thinking of a rock shock equiped bike or equivalent to hold the extra weight, besides some suspension is better than none! ;D

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2007, 11:04:40 PM »
I saw a really neat recumbent Honda use to sell (unload) that I think was used to race by the Japanese. It is notable in that the seat is laid out like a hammock which looked exceptionally comfortable to me. I'll post a picture here is I can find it.

Its the Slingshot. Rumored as a Japanese pilot trainer (1943-45) for the new jets being readied for mass production.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 11:23:57 PM by myelectricbike »

Offline Draggin

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2007, 01:12:25 AM »
WOW