Author Topic: Just Made an Order for two 26" MagPies from GM Canada.  (Read 10331 times)

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Just Made an Order for two 26" MagPies from GM Canada.
« on: August 10, 2010, 06:20:53 PM »
That was a good experience.  I am relieved it went so smoothly.

Gary Salo at GM Canada is offering $50 off the MP 26" rear Pie as he has excess stock.  $100 off for two Magic Pies.  Awesome.

All internal controllers MP's Me not fussy.

I just emailed him and he sent me a link.  Tried to give me a free $140 CA instead of the $100 off but my wifey put the brakes on me.

I forgot about the currency exchange and had no idea of what shipping to Australia was going to be.  For the two MP'S all the way from CA it was not too bad.  Just had enough in the end.

GM Canada web ordering system with the personal touch Gary puts into via Email makes real shopping seem difficult.

After he sent me the order link I was pleasantly surprised by a full list of my order and with a picture of all the parts  So Impressed I took a screeny of the order page.

What do ya think of that delivered from Canada to Australia for $813.00 USD?  ;D

LOL  I cant wait.  Ive been waiting for MagPie ever since they advertised these hubs on ES way back when.  The Australian version of the Magic Pie is a MagPie. An Aussie black and white bird that swoops from the sky and and attacks all in its territory.  Perfect.  

Thanks Gary.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 01:48:04 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline Pwd

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: Just Made an Order for two 26" MagPies from GM Canada.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 12:26:04 PM »
Thats a pretty awesome deal! Gary is the man. So what are your plans with two rear pies?

jensenff

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 07:48:13 AM »
the pie is fantastic. No probs so far on mine. you will be (are?) happy! nice humor as we say in .no;D ;D.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 07:53:48 AM by jensenff »

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 04:20:53 PM »
My Pies have traveled to the west side of Canada, Id say ready to board a boat.. Looking forward to their arrival thats all.

No need for me to get excited, another maybe 4 weeks to go.  ::)

Bring it on

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 09:12:56 AM »
And you can't get excited 'Big Kev' style anymore these either Les... ;)

I'm still certain you are thinking of your pies before you went to sleep at night.. I was!! LOL

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 12:00:46 PM »
I was wrong the Pies traveled up the road.   >:(

However I just tracked them now.

International item has left Canada  :o :o :o :o

Now I will never get the sleep I need tonight.  ::)

;D

Bring it on

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 04:40:53 AM »
Called Aussie post.

They tell me up to 3 mths to deliver by sea mail.

My 2 X 48v batts will be shelved for more than 3 mths now.  Not good.

2 MP builds are now a distant memory and a haven for my on going frustration..

Bring it on

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 10:31:47 AM »

Let's hope it will be a lot less than that.

Alan

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 08:42:45 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Sundsvall

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • N 62° 23', E 17° 19'
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 09:03:24 PM »

Let's hope it will be a lot less than that.

Alan

A pair of Swedish fingers is also crossed for a near day of arrival. But if you rather would like a Swedish good-luck, I can “hold the thumbs”.

Peter
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 08:43:08 PM by Bikemad »
Midsummer sun = up 02:54   down 22:51   angle 51,0° :)
Midwinter sun =    up 09:19   down14:18   angle 4,2° :(
Mean annual temperature = 3,1°C

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 02:51:22 AM »
Called Aussie post.

My 2 X 48v batts will be shelved for more than 3 mths now.  Not good.

What? they told me six weeks here, I think its past that now. Ill call Canada Post tommorow! I might be able to find out what boat it went on.

Gary

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 11:51:36 AM »
Yes it should take 6 weeks at around a maximum, especially from our sister country hehe

I'm sure those pies are still nice and fresh ;)

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 12:22:13 PM »
Called Aussie post.

My 2 X 48v batts will be shelved for more than 3 mths now.  Not good.

What? they told me six weeks here, I think its past that now. Ill call Canada Post tommorow! I might be able to find out what boat it went on.

Gary

Hey thanks all.  You do make me feel better.

Yes Gary what they say in the web site at CA post is prolly for shorter trips.  You can only tell me what they tell you.  I don’t feel mad at you Gary, I just felt Mad.  I would of rather been told three months 7 weeks ago.  No need to trouble yourself just yet.  Its good to know you’re willing to help things from your side Gary. :D

Haa I had about 6 hours sleep last week. I took two sleeping pills two days ago and got some sleep at last.  Been living on caffeine.  I gave up those energy drinks a few weeks ago.  Been up and down like a yo yo now on coffee.

The V energy drink helped me through raising the three little ones and gots depressed with out the excessive doses caffeine.  Seemed to of got myself into cycle.  Life style change is needed and its not so crucial I stay up till late making sure they are all a sleep.

Broke a third BMS Grrr, precharge circuit failed and I had to fiddle, should of used the shrink wrap with BMS sitting in the alloy box, planned on heat paste glue the fets non conductive part of the packages to the aloy box.  Was looking good, but small arc, and BMS no more. :(.  Still have the 15ah pack working.  

Building my own three stage BMS now.  Zener diodes 3,3v 3,6v @ 1 watt and 3.3v 5 watt with .5v drop diode 3.8v total, with 16 X 3v coil sugar cube relays that can switch 17 amps I use these to isolate the BMS when the charger isnt connected,.  It wont bleed unless its connected to the charger, meaning no leakage when resting. and looking at 1.5 amp balance bleed current. 75% balance regulation on the 2 amp charger and 35% balance reg on a the 5 amps charger should see me land a perfect balance on a single bulk charge.

Also made a single BMS module out of an MPSA14 transistor today that was doing 600ma @ 3.8v and 77ua at 3.2v..  I might use it in the shut off and single cell LVC Im thinking how I can include this into my design.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 12:32:45 PM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 03:01:02 PM »
Am proud to announce I received most of my order today.  I am still waiting for the rims.

Canada post and Australia post delivered my two out of three parcels, no bumps from customs or Freight companies,.   Good service,

The packing was decent and the Pies were in good order. First thing I did is take a pic of the boxes open bar 1.  Everything that was supposed to in those boxes was all accounted for.

I was going to do a video and but to be honest I didn’t feel too happy about missing one box in the pic and thought it would be wise to concentrate on the working build.

Unbelievable.  I was impressed with all the products but suffered from the USB cord pulled half out wires exposed thing but it still worked.

Easy to connect, I just installed an Andersons connectors to the cycle analyst shunt and it was ready to connect to the pack.

The CA stand alone tacho cable is thick and durable, just fine for the job.  The throttles are good quality for full hand throttles.

The cables are long and I like the connectors, I should avoid needing tovclean them or poking something in there, they should to fine. When I’m done I will insulate tape them or even use heat shrink the main connector plugs.  

Set both wheels at

17 amps cont
20 amps max
120o
PAS NA
Speed scale 100 percent.
Motor voltage 48v
Mode NA
Speed Scale NA
Regen 0 percent

No rims so I took a look around and I saw my old steel rim but it just seemed to bendable. Would be good with the longer spokes.  I think the deep V rim is going to be better as the are more rigid.  I will just wait..

Thanks Gary Salo from Golden Motor Canada.  The deal was worth the 8 week wait for sea mail, and Gary is a pleasure to deal with..

« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 03:05:52 PM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Just Received MagPies from GM Canada.
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 03:17:59 PM »
Good to hear your pies have finally arrived, let's hope they will soon be reunited with their rims! ;)

Alan

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 08:43:36 PM by Bikemad »

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 09:35:56 PM »
Am proud to announce I received most of my order today.  I am still waiting for the rims.

WooHoo! I can finally sleep at night again!

I wonder how the rims got seperated. I hope they didn't somehow miss the boat. Thats a scary thought if they are coming on the next boat. The one concern I had was whether I got the motors packed tight enough together. I don't exactly remember how I did it but I know I tried. I'm sure the box of all the controls turned out ok. Dont worry about the wires on the USB cable they are unused extras and most of the cables look this way.

Hopefully the rims will show up in the next day or two. If not let me know and ill try to find out something. Last time I tried I was told they will be 6-8 weeks and if they don't show up call us back. I have since found a form I can fill out for tracking missing frieght. I will need to know which tracking number you did not receive. The numbers should be on the boxes.

Gary