Author Topic: Havent received my ebike yet  (Read 4617 times)

Offline iceengine21

Havent received my ebike yet
« on: June 29, 2008, 11:38:19 AM »
Hi,

3 weeks a go I bought the 500W conversion kit for $338 and paid via the Paypal-button on the homepage.
Since then I havent heard anything back from Philipp or any other GM associate. No tracking number, no mail, no contact.

Now I opened a PayPal dispute just to get someone's attention.

Can you guys tell me any email addresses that I can contact?
Have you heard anything from Philipp (sales@goldenmotor.com) lately?

Id be glad for any feedback.

Greetings from Munich

Offline biohazardman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: Havent received my ebike yet
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 11:02:27 PM »
It's hard to be patient sometimes especially when you don't have any idea what's going on with your money.  This should help you understand how the purchasing transaction seems to go for the kits routinely as far as I can tell.  Top of the page.

http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=279.msg2895#msg2895
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 11:07:17 PM by biohazardman »

Offline iceengine21

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 07:02:24 PM »
Big problem:  ???

I received a letter from German customs because this ebike doesnt have a "CE-number"/CE-certificate

now I have 3 options:
1) have the ebike destroyed
2) have it sent back at my costs
3) prove that it has a CE-certificate.

I am going for option 3 and I already contacted philipp....but I only have time til July 13
I hope someone of you guys can help me (there have been germans and europeans here who already received ebikes....why did they get them without trouble?)

Offline C1

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 01:22:31 AM »
Other people from Germany have reported received their kit with no problems, so it sounds like you just got unlucky with customs. All you can do really is send it back, then have them try to send it you again, but it will be expensive for you in postage costs. I am from the UK and received my kit this morning, and that is 1 month and 2 days after I paid! A very long time shipping, but it seems to have got through UK customs with no problems, and I haven't even been charged VAT or import duty ;D

I don't know if the kit is fully CE marked, but there are resellers around the world that sell this kit and I don't think it would get into Europe or the USA if it wasn't CE marked, but proving it may be difficult if not impossible... Good luck!