Author Topic: Regen Braking BLDC Controller Documentation Request  (Read 5224 times)

Offline gmiles

Regen Braking BLDC Controller Documentation Request
« on: June 19, 2008, 06:22:41 PM »
Could someone point me to where I can find documentation on the Regen Braking BLDC Controller?

I have purchased a Regen Braking BLDC Controller and I can't find a wiring diagram on the website that totally matches the wire colors and connectors on my new Regen Braking BLDC Controller.

One difference is a USB connector.  This interest me. 

I am an engineer and would like more info on the USB interface so I can develop LabVIEW Software for it.

Offline Electrobent

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: Regen Braking BLDC Controller Documentation Request
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 01:01:37 AM »
USB--waay cool--which controller did you  order?  I am waiting for a 48V Regen BLDC controller and would be VERY happy if it showed up with a USB port.

Offline ahend

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 03:06:17 AM »
That is interesting. Perhaps you might be willing to disassemble it and share some photos? My first guess would be that it's an SPI programming interface to burn the microprocessor. That seems a bit overkill though because most of the differences between the standard controllers seem to involve only discrete components. Perhaps the regen code is a bit more complex and requires different versions for each controller offered.

If you could ID the microprocessor and trace the USB connections to it (possibly through a USB host controller IC), we might be able to tell (by the micro's pinout and datasheet) which resources it is connected to.

Offline Electrobent

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 03:23:48 AM »
oh and check out the ebike technical forum on endless-sphere.com