Author Topic: How to keep from twisting hub wiring  (Read 5377 times)

Offline marad73

How to keep from twisting hub wiring
« on: June 04, 2008, 09:28:57 PM »
Hi all,
I was skeptical about the dropouts on my Trek 900 frame.  I wasn't impressed either with the tab washers sent with the kit. (they are usless on the Trek frame)  I have a good machine shop and made up a torque bar for the rear hub axle.  This thing really eliminates the possibility of the axle twisting the dropouts open and ruining the hub wiring.
The torque bar clamps onto the round part of the axle opposite the sprockets and then clamps onto the bike frame.  This thing really works well!  It's also very strong and lightweight.
We can make these for you at a very reasonable price! - 30 bucks plus handling and shipping.  It is great insurance against damaging your hubmotor or controller!
Anyone interested, please email me at marad73@cox.net.  I'll send you more info and pix of the unit.
Regards,
Ron

Offline OneEye

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: How to keep from twisting hub wiring
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 03:28:05 PM »
Go ahead and post picture here.  You may also want to pop in to the endless sphere forums and show your wares in the selling and surplus forum, you may find a few takers over there.

Offline marad73

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 09:29:35 PM »
Hi One eye,
I have several pix that far exceed the 128k size limit.  Also I prefer a direct email and I will respond back  :)direct.
Thanks,
Ron

Offline Mel in HI

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 06:17:25 PM »
If they are too big, open them up in an editor (MSpaint if you don't have anything else) and save them as a smaller size.  You will get more 'interest' if they can see what you are doing as most people are getting quite sensitive about their email addresses being harvested for spam. 

But as far as I can see, each of these are pretty much tied to the design of the frame you are working with.  Sure, close but not exact right?

Offline Dave

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
    • davintosh
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 10:33:10 PM »
Hi One eye,
I have several pix that far exceed the 128k size limit.  Also I prefer a direct email and I will respond back  :)direct.
Thanks,
Ron

You can avoid the photo size limit by using an image hosting service. Lots of free ones, Google's Picasa is a good one. Here's a photo of my bike (pre-electric) that's hosted on Google.

Simple matter of clicking the Insert Image button in the editor's toolbar, then pasting the url to the