Author Topic: shipping to germany  (Read 11058 times)

Offline iceengine21

shipping to germany
« on: February 24, 2008, 11:21:54 AM »
1) is the charger included in the standard DIY-ebike kit?
2) can I order a charger with 220V (i live in germany)?
3) is the shipping really $0.00?

thanks, guys

Offline OneEye

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: shipping to germany
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 05:03:16 PM »
Unfortunately, nobody qualified to provide answers to your questions reads up on the forum.  Charger is included, I believe they have 220V versions available, and the price quoted is intended for shipping to North American addresses, so I don't know if it also covers shipping to Europe.

Good luck getting real answers.

Offline Tommybike

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 01:26:49 PM »
Mine was shipped to Ireland for that price,  and the charger was included.  Price in dollars worked out at 220 euro,  a steal.  Only problem I had was whell was a bit wonky,  possible mishandling in post,  but a spoke spanner sorted that. Bigger problem is that the charger was made incorrectly with the output polarity reversed,  so it burnt out when connected to the LA batteries,  without even  being connected to the mains. I still have not had a reply from golden motor on this,  I may yet have to attempt repair or build a simple 36 trickle charger from parts.  Eventually,  DeWalt 36V LifePo batteries and their charger look to be the business,  but cheap Lead acid from RS does for a start. Total project cost so far,  220 for wheel,  110 for new bike in January sale,  66 for 6 12V 7AH batteries.

Offline sbebiker

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 10:33:38 AM »
Hello,

I got my DIK-ebike kit 2 weeks ago - delivered by German Schnell Kurier Service.

To your Questions:

1) is the charger included in the standard DIY-ebike kit?
--> Yes, but you have to replace the power cord by an Euro-Plug (replace the strange US-Plug, not the socalled Kaltgeraete-Stecker)

2) can I order a charger with 220V (i live in germany)?
--> You don't have to - the included charge supports 110-230V

3) is the shipping really $0.00?
--> Customs, Tax and handling fees sum up to about 130Euro

Ciao,

sbebiker

thanks, guys
[/quote]

Offline sdalli

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 03:41:14 PM »
do you mean that apart from the $328 you had to pay an additional of 130euros?  the shipping are supposed to be included in the $328.

Offline sbebiker

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 05:13:48 PM »
do you mean that apart from the $328 you had to pay an additional of 130euros?  the shipping are supposed to be included in the $328.
Yes, but it has nothing to do with shipping - it's the handling of the german customs (Verzollung).
I had to pay 17,74EUR Zoll(customs), 88,37EUR Einfuhrumsatzsteuer (import-tax), 25,55EUR Abwicklungs- und ALFA Gebühr (handling fee).

Quite a lot:-( But where else do you get a 500W ebike kit with regen controller for 400EUR?

Ciao,

sbebiker

Offline sdalli

• Confirmed
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 06:11:16 PM »
i tought customs and import tax was the same thing.

Offline iceengine21

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 04:14:35 PM »
yeah, thats what I was afraid of....german customs....130€ damn.
I guess I will have to write Philipp to print a fake-price on the box so I wont have to pay that much.

Im just surprised that the Irishman/woman (2nd or 3rd post) doesnt have to pay any Irish import tax.

customs and import is not the same. this is germany. people invent all kinds of fees/taxes to get the money out of your pocket....
I had to pay 55€ to convert my American drivers license to a German one. The American license itself only cost me a total of $29 dollars...just an example

Offline sdalli

• Confirmed
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 06:32:32 PM »
has anyone here managed to convince GM to write a fake price on the package? or is this something which is not doable?

Offline AWL

• Confirmed
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 10:03:21 AM »
I received my kit at a German address with no additional charges...no problems.

AWL

Offline OneEye

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 09:53:34 PM »
Sounds like customs enforcement let one slip through.

Offline philf

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 03:53:00 AM »
This is the crap-shoot we live with in Canada, too.

I purchase a "statisically significant" number of items online each month, and most of them come from outside of the Canadian border.  Despite the declaration/commercial invoice/whatever documentation is attached to the inbound items,  I only get busted about 80 per cent of the time for taxes.  I've had items with a declared value of $30 get held up for the collection of a couple of dollars (plus brokerage), and I've had items that are clearly declared as being worth more then $300 sail right through as if they are merely lettermail.  I haven't thought twice about it when some of the stuff gets through via regular post.  I've been REALLY surprised a couple of times this month, however, to receive a couple of electronic items coming from the US, and with a commercial invoice attached showing a value over $200, to just have the courier hand them over without any further ado.  Couriers don't usually bugger this up - if they can smell an opportunity to charge a "brokerage" fee, they don't often miss it.

There's a people factor, here.  Makes you wonder how many packages  just "go through" when the agent that should be scrutinizing them is pre-occupied with something "else".

Offline Perbear

• Technical Officer
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 09:36:53 PM »
I was amazed on how little I had to pay for tax & customs fee here in Norway. We are used with heavy tax (we pay 10 dollars/gallon for gas) so got a positive "tax-shock" when picking up my regen rear wheel kit: I only had to pay 20USD (100NOK).

When I examined the package I found that Golden Motor had put on a value of USD80 on the parcel; "for customs use only", approx. one fifth of its real value! Maybe it is a way to reduce the value of Chinese export? Anyway, I am not complaining  ;D

PerBear

Offline OneEye

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 04:10:16 PM »
Did you order the working version or the broken one?  Perhaps the $80 value is based on the scrap value of the motor if it doesn't work  ;D

Offline iceengine21

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 08:11:44 PM »
hi,

i ordered my kit last saturday (June 14) and paid via PayPal. What do they put on the package?
I live in Munich, Germany.

when do you think its going to arrive, and from what location?
if its china, do they ship with EMS (EMS in germany cooperate with http://www.gdsk.de/eng/index.html - GDSK sucks)?

thanks
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 08:14:27 PM by iceengine21 »