Author Topic: Vehicle Slowing Down  (Read 3742 times)

Offline naveen.rabelli

• Confirmed
Vehicle Slowing Down
« on: July 07, 2013, 01:29:56 PM »
Hi,
1) Can you please give some suggestions, as why my Vehicle slows down after 15-20 Kms. After 2- 3 mins, the vehicle gets good?

2) GM CHINA is not responding to my emails for service!!! Its pathetic service I am getting. PLEASE HELP

Regards,
Naveen

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Vehicle Slowing Down
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 10:03:50 PM »
Hi Naveen,

I wonder if the power reduction could be due to the controller becoming too hot with continuous use, causing the current flow (and speed) to be reduced in order to prevent the controller from overheating further, simply allowing it to cool for 2-3 minutes could be sufficient to allow full power to be restored again for a while, until it heats up again.  ::)

If the controller is getting too hot, it will need to be mounted on a larger or more efficient heat sink to help dissipate the excess heat? It might also be worth adding an electric fan to provide additional airflow over the heatsink.

Unfortunately there is nothing I can do or say to improve the email response from GM China. :(

Alan

Offline naveen.rabelli

• Confirmed
Re: Vehicle Slowing Down
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 05:01:15 AM »
Thanks ALAN,
Temp is 55 deg C, and I huge aluminium box for dissipation, also a FAN, this week I will try to get another fan or liquid cooling fan. And check if the performance is any better.

Yea, with GM CHINA, its become a problem now.

Regards,
naveen