Author Topic: Earth Day , too bad my Pie doesn't work , Bikemad found the problem  (Read 9378 times)

Offline Rodmiami

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: Earth Day , too bad my Pie doesn't work , Bikemad found the problem
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 01:01:11 PM »
 Alan ,Thanks again . Gary and I are starting to communicate . I tried it yesterday after the reverse charge with my old charger the light was still green when plugged in to the charge port . I will try again later today . Rod

Offline Rodmiami

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 03:34:11 PM »
Alan , just as I thought , they don't make that battery anymore . Even though it is still under warranty . Gary is going to check and see if he has a matching BMS , I sent him a photo this morning . The serial numbers are easy to read on the photo . We'll see what happens . The battery only charges through the Anderson connector . My concern is that the cells will not level out . Rod

Offline Rodmiami

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2012, 03:33:45 PM »
Bikemad if you are out there. The charger actually went from red to green in the reverse mode ( using the Anderson connector as a charge port ) indicating a full charge . I turn it off when I notice that the charge is full , simply turn off the key . Then in couple of hours I turn on the key switch , if it goes red I wait till it turns green again . I am trying to balance the battery , letting it rest . With a full charge the bike performs as before . The charge port still does not work . Rod

Offline Rodmiami

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 01:14:36 PM »
This  is an update on the BMS problem that I had . Gary / GM no longer have Lithium ion batteries nor do they  have replacement BMS's . Gary offered me a discount on a LiPo4 battery so I took it . Thanks Gary . I feel for Gary, its like he is the go to guy if you have a problem with a GM product and hopefully he is being covered in his expenditures from GM . Rod

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 02:02:18 PM »
This  is an update on the BMS problem that I had . Gary / GM no longer have Lithium ion batteries nor do they  have replacement BMS's . Gary offered me a discount on a LiPo4 battery so I took it . Thanks Gary . I feel for Gary, its like he is the go to guy if you have a problem with a GM product and hopefully he is being covered in his expenditures from GM . Rod

Actually China's opinion is "we no longer can supply any replacements for those batteries. Just offer him a discount on a new one"

The discount comes from my pocket not theirs. I just didn't want to leave you at a loss as I do care about my customers.

Gary

Offline Rodmiami

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 03:28:50 PM »
Thanks again Gary , The new battery works well . Rod

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 08:41:43 PM »
I wonder if Pinner has read this.....

TTFN,
Dennis

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 03:27:38 AM »
I wonder if Pinner has read this.....

TTFN,
Dennis

Unlikely but China did and their reply was back in reply number three of this thread

Really sorry ,so the best buy to the dealers.

I assume this means if you want service buy from the dealers.

Gary

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 05:21:58 AM »
I was just being a cheeky bu!*ar.

TTFN,
Dennis