Author Topic: I keep busting forks  (Read 10394 times)

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: I keep busting forks
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 01:35:46 AM »
I think the shock pipes are a little on the thin side to arc weld DC or not..  I would suggest a MAPP gas blow torch and silver soldering.  Plenty strong but much less risk of blowing any holes in your jobs.

Bring it on

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Soft suspension
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 01:30:54 PM »

Monkey, it might be better to increase the spring strength, or simply add some rubber spacers beneath each of the springs (several large tap washers might do the job) to compress the springs more and also provide a bit more "squishiness" at maximum depression i.e. when your front wheel hits a large bump while braking heavily and "bottoms out" the suspension.

You certainly won't make it any worse by giving it a go. ;)

Alan

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Off road Stress test, 48v Magic Diamondback Recoil..
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 07:29:16 AM »
>>>Click here to watch off road video<<<<

Here are the Diamondback Recoil steel front forks in action in an off road stress test.  The BigW bike is a complete solution for under $300!

LOL I land on my ass TS: 3:11  Please excuse my #$#% word.

I did this vid today and pushed the bike to it's limits. I had full confidence in the bike as this is what I may face on my roads everyday into town, meaning I have hit a few pot holes in my days.  I had no idea where the hell I was going on the trail and I nearly hit a tree, I then flip the bike putting my foot down around a sandy corner.  The corners were so confined I wasnt going so fast at the time.  I did some nice dirt flingng around some corners and a small jump comming off the trail.  I left my crash in there for the laughs.

This was awesome fun BTW.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:49:45 PM by Les »

Bring it on