Author Topic: Magic Pie battery fail, no response from GM, what to do?  (Read 8841 times)

Offline arclight

• Confirmed
Re: Magic Pie battery fail, no response from GM, what to do?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 06:16:57 PM »
Hello everyone, got GM Pie kit last week and put it together yesterday. problem is the key seems to have a ground fault, judging from the forum I can expect little help from GM. :-\

the cruise works fine, and the brake switches, some of the stray wires (yellow&brown) other than the pedalec, don't appear to be the issue, when I support the key,(hold the key up) it works fine, any bump and the  power cut out.
 long story short, take the case apart(brake the seal) and find out whats loose? ps. I don't like sparks!  and thks!

Offline Hardcore

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 09:50:13 PM »
probably the soldering on the key-contacts. i'll attach a foto of the key switch backside for you to see how it looks.
i've got 2 key switches for the battery case.

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 02:54:28 AM »
Hello everyone, got GM Pie kit last week and put it together yesterday. problem is the key seems to have a ground fault, judging from the forum I can expect little help from GM. :-\

the cruise works fine, and the brake switches, some of the stray wires (yellow&brown) other than the pedalec, don't appear to be the issue, when I support the key,(hold the key up) it works fine, any bump and the  power cut out.
 long story short, take the case apart(brake the seal) and find out whats loose? ps. I don't like sparks!  and thks!

I would say open it, take a look at the contacts as hardcore suggested. If they seem fine try using a jumper wire to eliminate the switch. If everthing seems fine without the switch send and Email to tom@goldenmotor.com and tell him you need a new switch.

Gary

Offline arclight

• Confirmed
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2011, 06:09:38 AM »
Hello hardcore,
just to give you an update. the soldering job on the back of the ignition switch was perfect! the problem is inside the switch, faulty contacts. (you can actually feel it in the switch,compared my other Batt) it feels (gritty) I almost feel like doing some surgery, the cylinder is actually loose in the barrel, if it wasn't the lock, i'd chuck it and put in a toggle. hoping to hear something from Tom,  if you don't mind me asking were are you located?

today was our first sunny day since I built it, I thew on my other batt, and hit the trails, what a blast ;D  I put it on my Giant,
thanks for your help, and the picture