Author Topic: HOMEMADE ELECTRIC BICYCLE  (Read 7423 times)

Offline maydin67

• Confirmed
HOMEMADE ELECTRIC BICYCLE
« on: September 20, 2007, 06:34:58 PM »
Dear friends. here is my homemade e-bicycle.
Lets attach our e-bicycle images at this topic...

Offline OneEye

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: HOMEMADE ELECTRIC BICYCLE
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 06:59:40 PM »
Maydin,

That's a good looking creation.  What is the noise level like with the chains from the high rpm electric motor?

This isn't intended as an unwelcoming comment, but you may want to publicize your creation over at the Endless Sphere or VisforVoltage forums for a more lively discussion and possible suggestions from their user base.  Those forums are much more general, wheras this forum is more directly linked to the goldenmotor product.  The idea is you head to a general forum for homebrew, diy and a variety of kits, and you head to a vendor's or manufacturer's forum to discuss issues more specific to that brand of conversion kit.

I'm curious about a few things on your conversion:
What are the specs on your motor? 
What reduction are you using to drive the rear wheel? 
Battery type, voltage and capacity? 
Gears or no gears on the electric powertrain?
Does the motor freewheel?
What controller are you using?
Throttle type?
Max Speed on level ground?
Motor only range?
How much time and $$ did you spend on your conversion project?  Any specialized equipment involved in the conversion?

Edit:  I voted for option 2.  I don't know why, but I like that option better  :)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 12:10:55 AM by OneEye »

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 12:06:41 AM »
Hi Maydin, -

OneEye is right. The purpose of this owner's forum is for owner's of Golden motors to assist each other in solving problems which are unique to Golden products, namely the BCK-26-0819 conversion kit.

We are happy to have your contributions and for you to learn things here which may help you elsewhere but we are here primarily as a resource for and to serve each other in regard to our common experiences with our Golden kits, although we do stray off topic quit a bit from time to time.

By just entering the word forum along with other keywords like ebike I've come across more sites that I could imagine for DIY project bikes, some that even include Golden motors. Since we are dedicated to a special purpose here of helping each other solve problems and to get answers related to our Golden kits I'd suggest searching for a forum where DIY of ebike projects, independent of manufacturer, is the going thing.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 12:10:57 AM by myelectricbike »

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 03:46:28 AM »
I prefer a hub motor with direct drive because the chain can come off and get tangled in the wheel, then you will have to walk home.