Author Topic: I lose power after around 500 meters of riding.  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Jojoviens

• Confirmed
I lose power after around 500 meters of riding.
« on: July 29, 2017, 01:07:24 AM »
Hi,

I`m new to the eBike world and it is my first eBike I bought.
English is not my primary language so don`t hesitate to let me know if I`m not clear in my question.

I bought a Golden Motor Sports Ebike and I received it few days ago. My eBike have two Magic Pie 5 and a 48V15AH battery.
When I received it, I first charged the batterie with the 3 amp charger I bought at the same time.

When I plugin the power to the eBike,  everything looks good. The smart display indicate that the battery is full of charge and same thing
on the Thumb throttle (Battery level indicator).

During my first ride (and all others after), I can ride the bike between 500meters and 1 km before I completely lost all the power (with average speed of 15-20KM/H). All lights are gone
and the smart display have the batterie picture flashing few second and disapear.

When I unplug the bike and plug back, all the lights are back and everythings indicate that I have a fully charged battery. If I leave the power
to the bike but not using it, I never lost the battery power. So, I lost power only when I use the bike.

I don`t know what happen. Something overheat ? I doubt with only 500 meters at 21 oC outside.

Any suggestions are welcome !

Thanks,

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: I lose power after around 500 meters of riding.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 09:47:49 AM »
Hi andto the forum.

I suspect that you have the current settings too high on the motors and this is causing the battery's BMS to cut out under heavy load.

The 15Ah battery's maximum rated output is 45Amps, but the Magic Pies can draw over 30 Amps each (over 60 Amps in total).
I therefore suggest that you set the maximum battery current to ~25A for the rear motor and ~19A for the front and see if it cures the cutting out.
You should be able to set the current using either Bluetooth or the USB programming cable attached to a windows PC or laptop.

Alan

P.S. Check out this thread for some additional useful information.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 10:30:46 AM by Bikemad »

Offline Jojoviens

• Confirmed
Re: I lose power after around 500 meters of riding.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 12:16:54 AM »
Hi,

Thank you for your quick respond.
I did the modifications you suggested and I was able to do my first ride (6 KM) without problem.... Finally !

I`m very happy ! Thank you very much for your help and good weekend !

Joe