Author Topic: controller magic v2 external PAS throttle help please  (Read 7557 times)

Offline zeccato

• Confirmed
controller magic v2 external PAS throttle help please
« on: December 12, 2012, 07:55:11 AM »
Hi can't seem to lower 50% speedpressing 2 times cruise controll,or disconnecting the throttle ,can you help me?
or which wires of the controller making.... goes to 50%?
greadet brushless motor bafang.

I did what the manual say But why not work to me?
Throttle malfunctions:
When the throttle fails to function correctly, the controller will beep three times.
In this situation, press and hold the cruise control button to drive your bike at half
the maximum speed. The controller will automatically return to its original status
when the problem is resolved.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 07:16:54 AM by zeccato »

Offline zeccato

• Confirmed
controller magic v2 external PAS throttle
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 08:03:18 AM »
Hi can I connect the PAS with throttle so that throttle works only if pedal?
my motor brushless greated, PAS v7, thumb throttle

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: controller magic v2 external PAS throttle
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »
Hi Zeccato andto the forum.

On the later controllers, the Pedelec is activated automatically and no longer requires the two presses on the cruise control button to select it.
The only way GM allow for reducing the speed to 50% is by programming the controller with the USB interface lead, and this would mean that the speed would then be reduced all the time.

An alternative method is to modify your throttle as shown here:

If you use another trim pot in place of the 5K potentiometer, it can simply be adjusted by trial and error to provide 50% motor power (or ~50% speed) at full throttle.

It might be possible to solder the two pins on the trim pot directly to the switch contact pins for an easy installation.

The switch simply bypasses the resistance of the potentiometer or trim pot (variable resistors) to enable unrestricted power and speed.

Regarding the throttle operation, it should be possible to control the throttle by using a pedelec device to activate it, but I have not yet come across an easy way of doing it.
If anyone else has already managed this, or come across some information showing a simple way of achieving it, could they please post the relevant details (or a link).

I once saw a home made device, which was basically an idler sprocket mounted on spring loaded arm incorporating a micro-switch, that ran along the top section of the chain, so that the switch would only operate when the chain was pulled up under tension (i.e. pedalling), but this idea would not be easy to implement if you are using a double or triple chainwheel. :(

Alan

« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 05:16:51 PM by Bikemad »

Offline zeccato

• Confirmed
Re: controller magic v2 external PAS throttle heelppppp
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 07:15:26 AM »
Hi can't seem to lower 50% speedpressing 2 times cruise controll,or disconnecting the throttle ,can you help me?
or which wires of the controller making.... goes to 50%?
greadet brushless motor bafang.

I did what the manual say But why not work to me?
Throttle malfunctions:
When the throttle fails to function correctly, the controller will beep three times.
In this situation, press and hold the cruise control button to drive your bike at half
the maximum speed. The controller will automatically return to its original status

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: controller magic v2 external PAS throttle
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 07:38:36 PM »
Throttle malfunctions:

Over the past few years, the controllers have undergone some changes, but the manual has not been updated to cover these changes.

As far as I am aware, the following items are no longer functional on the later model controllers:
  • Anti-theft function
  • Brake switch failure override mode
  • Throttle failure override mode
  • Manually enabling the pedelec function
This is the most likely reason why it does not work for you. :(

If you want to reduce the speed of the motor you will need to use one of the previously mentioned options (USB lead and software or the throttle restrictor modification) or even a lower voltage battery if you are currently using either a 36V or 48V pack.

Alan

Offline zeccato

• Confirmed
Re: controller magic v2 external PAS throttle help please
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 07:10:52 AM »
Thank you for everything.
After all I'm glad the controller works fine improving performance and 38klh speed, up hill and powerful.
36 battery bafang24v.
the raised wheel speed is equal How to on the road
and I think that increasing the shunt should not go faster?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 09:56:07 PM »

Increasing the shunt should noticeably improve the acceleration and hill climbing ability, but is is unlikely to make a significant difference to the maximum speed.

Anyway, I thought you were trying to reduce the speed, not increase it

Alan

Offline zeccato

• Confirmed
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 07:42:15 AM »
I wanted to reduce the speed only in the event
of an inspection or incident,
I liked a fast method, no via usb Thank you.

Offline StefaanC

• Confirmed
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 07:43:55 PM »
In case of an inspection by the police, it really doesn't matter.
They will find the way to get the full throttle open.