Author Topic: Cutoff Voltage  (Read 79879 times)

Offline johnbear

• Confirmed
Re: Cutoff Voltage- Range
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2007, 04:19:41 AM »
Sorry myelectricbike, I just noticed your question about range. I pedal alot so my average is 25-30 km from about 5-11ah of assist. Today I went out and rode 40km on 10ah.

Offline jenelyn18

Re: Cutoff Voltage
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2009, 03:37:08 AM »
The cutoff voltage is the electrode voltage value that reduces the dependent variable of an electron tube characteristic to a specified low value.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 04:00:01 PM by jenelyn18 »

Offline hasadam

• Confirmed
« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2010, 07:57:00 AM »
Guys, please answer this (stupid??) question:

Is the cut off voltage formula 3.1*(R73+R4+R11)/R11 valid for both controllers, 36V & 48V?

I have a 48V controller and a cut off problem, I will try the Resistance solution according your answer.

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2010, 12:37:54 AM »
Guys, please answer this (stupid??) question:

Is the cut off voltage formula 3.1*(R73+R4+R11)/R11 valid for both controllers, 36V & 48V?

I have a 48V controller and a cut off problem, I will try the Resistance solution according your answer.

Sorry myelectricbike, I just noticed your question about range. I pedal alot so my average is 25-30 km from about 5-11ah of assist. Today I went out and rode 40km on 10ah.

The cutoff voltage is the electrode voltage value that reduces the dependent variable of an electron tube characteristic to a specified low value.

You do realise this thread is 3 yeasrs old.  The controllers these gents were chatting about I believe are phased out some time ago and replaced with the Magic controller. and the batteries run different chemistry since then too.

The Magic controller can have setting like voltage and amount of current changed via a Computer>USB>Controller connection cable and software interface purchased from Golden Motor.

The problem is that one need to be able to alter these settings to a set figure input to work happy with other devices.

The Magic controller will only allow three voltage choices based on GM'S packs requirments and specifications. 24v, 36v, and 48v

If youre using SLA batts it might be wise to set a 48v pack to 36v or a 36v pack set to 24v.  Then purchase a cycle analyst and mod it to regulate LVC for you on the Magic controller.  Though I think you need to mod the CA to work properly with the Magic controllers throttle controll interface.

The way the CA does LVC current controll or speed controll is pretty neat, Instead of cutting the supply to the controller like a BMS and some controllers will do. The CA will limit the amount of throttle, disallowing the rider to pull the pack voltage down below the settings.

Instead of go and stop LVC its Go and slow LVC.  I have this Go and Slow LVC on one of my brushed bike controllers with SLA's.  Even if I make my pack really flat, if there is anything to had at LVC voltages, I can still get it.

The Cycle Analyst LVC can be set to any voltage.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 12:32:13 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2010, 06:12:51 AM »
LOL and to think I nearly started reading the whole thing!!

Thanks Les ;)