Author Topic: Smart Pie Acceleration Setting  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Confirmed
Smart Pie Acceleration Setting
« on: July 04, 2020, 02:11:59 PM »
I noticed that the default acceleration in my config is set to 92%. Is this just in relation to how fast the motor tries to reach maximum speed on full throttle? I am asking because I am a very heavy rider at 260 lbs and thought it might be better to reduce the acceleration to around 75% thinking with logic that it will not be as hard on the motor when I do a full throttle. I do not want to reduce my top speed though, I would like to have an edge on my wifes bike when we are at top speed.

Ron
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 06:26:18 PM by Ron Burgundy »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Smart Pie Acceleration Setting
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 10:25:21 AM »
Yes, the acceleration setting simply affects how quickly the motor speeds up.
If you set it too low, you will not have instant power when you occasionally need it to quickly overtake or pull away on steep hills.

You'll have to try reducing it and see what it's like, but you may have to increase it again if you find it is making it too unpleasant to ride.

If both bikes have the same diameter wheels and you want to have a faster top speed than your wife you may have to reduce her FWD Speed Scale, but don't forget to also set her Acceleration setting slower than yours or she will leave you behind every time you have to pull away from a standstill. ;)

If you have done all of this and find that you are still unable to keep up with her, you may have to gradually decrease her Max Current settings until you can keep up.  :D

Alan

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Confirmed
Re: Smart Pie Acceleration Setting
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 01:44:30 PM »
 ;D