Author Topic: Bluetooth Dongle not turning on  (Read 7437 times)

Offline Adamsavage79

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: Bluetooth Dongle not turning on
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2018, 12:40:42 AM »
For Gary: I have sent out the BT Dongle today. Should get there mid week, and it has tracking. I have the Ticket number written down on a piece of paper, that is included with the dongle and wraped in a ziplock bag.

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2018, 12:57:44 AM »
For Gary: I have sent out the BT Dongle today. Should get there mid week, and it has tracking. I have the Ticket number written down on a piece of paper, that is included with the dongle and wraped in a ziplock bag.

Thanks, please post that in the ticket so we have a complete record in one spot. Makes life a lot easier to read the history of an issue when required.

Gary

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2018, 01:13:43 AM »
I see it is in the ticket now. Thank you :)

Gary

Offline Adamsavage79

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2018, 09:51:08 PM »
I received the smart display, but as I suspected. It doesn't seem to be able to give me a proper battery reading. It's showing me all bars, for either Battery pack I tried. The pack that is currently in use, with my current kit has been used today. I did about 10km on it, so I should be showing me how much juice is left. It's a simple 48v 15 Ah pack from ping battery, and my old back is from a unkown vendor.

Maybe the display would update, once I got moving on the new kit ?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2018, 01:56:41 PM »
Unfortunately, most battery gauges are not very accurate, this is basically because they measure the battery's voltage rather than the battery's consumption (The total current that the battery has actually delivered throughout the ride).

The accuracy of the Smart Display will also be affected by the chemistry and the number of cells in series within the battery.

LiFePO4 and LiMn experience different voltage drop throughout the discharge of the battery, and there is no provision to adjust the battery type/voltage between a 12S or 13S LiMn, or a 16S LiFePO4 battery pack, all of which are all often described as 48V packs.

Realistically, a 12S LiMn pack has a nominal voltage of ~44.4V, a 13S LiMn pack has a nominal voltage of ~48.1V, and a 16S LiFePO4 pack has a nominal voltage of ~52.8V, so there can be a big variation in the actual battery voltage.

Basically, if a battery gauge does not have the ability to set the exact battery type (the number of cells in series and the cell chemistry) then it is unlikely to be very accurate.

Alan

« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 12:36:45 PM by Bikemad »