Author Topic: MP3 controller, circuit question  (Read 3415 times)

Offline urosv

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
    • GoldenMotor Slovenia, Croatia
MP3 controller, circuit question
« on: February 16, 2013, 11:00:30 AM »
Hi guys...
Does anybody knows detailed description of curcuit areas in MP3. I have 2 dead controllers (2 motors dual drive) and want to analyse and find the reason. It happened on dual drive (One battery and current max 20A for both motors/ 48V 10A max for one motor so the consumption was minimal)

Attaching the pictures of area where I think happened the problem. Any help or advice appreciated !

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: MP III controller, circuit question
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 11:03:45 PM »

I have no idea which part of the controller those particular components relate to, but I have enclosed a better picture showing the three diodes (D6, D7 and D8, all marked T4 Y3) and the resistors in between them (2 x 103 and 1 x 202).

I think trying to repair the controllers will probably end up being a complete waste of time, but I wish you luck anyway.

Alan

Offline urosv

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
    • GoldenMotor Slovenia, Croatia
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 10:20:46 AM »
Thanks for your replay... The question is more into the problem solving in the future than to fix the controller. Any idea on this ?

Offline Kris

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 01:55:09 AM »
Does anybody out there have a 12" smartpie scooter motor with a dead internal controller? If the motor is OK I'd be interested to purchase to explore it's use with an external controller with variable regen