Author Topic: My Pie has not worked from day 1  (Read 9695 times)

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: My Pie has not worked from day 1
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 09:37:15 PM »
what is a loom ?

Rod,

You're probably more used to it being called a wiring harness over there instead of a wiring loom. ;)

Alan

Offline Rodmiami

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 12:53:43 AM »
  Thanks Alan , thats what I would call it .My loom is not even attached to the bike . Only the wheel is on the bike , but I will check tomorrow and on monday I will open the wheel to check for bad solder joints .
  I would like to say that when I opened the wheel before I was impressed with the quality of the routing of the wiring , tying of the harness with string was something that took me a long time to learn and the MP is much tighter . Thanks Rod Miami

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 06:41:14 AM »
Someone should be contacting you soon.

Gary

Offline Rodmiami

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 02:59:27 PM »
   I would like to thank Gary once again for acting on my behalf . Gary contacted Philip from GM China and he said that they would be sending me a new controler . I would like to thank Alan and Philip also . I will post my results when I get the controller and my Magic Pie lives . Also thanks to everyone who attempted to solve my problem on the forum . Rod Perry Miami

Offline Rodmiami

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2011, 03:55:01 PM »
 I would like to thank everyone who helped with shooting the trouble on my Magic Pie . I recieved a new controller from China and with the help of my cousin ,who is great at souldering small parts , the new controller is in . The Pie lives . I did learn a lesson , order from the closest dealer you can , it makes for less problems if you have a problem . I am now in the process of having to find a windows program that I can install on my Macbook , since the controller program won't run on Apple based computers . I am tired of having to take the wheel off and bring it into my computer room . Its always something ! Once again Gary and Bikemad thanks, Rodmiami 

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2011, 10:02:48 PM »

Rod, it's good to hear you've got your Pie sorted and that you're finally up and running. Hopefully you can now spend some time riding on your Pie powered beach cruiser instead of working on it. ;D

Alan

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2011, 03:47:51 AM »

Rod, it's good to hear you've got your Pie sorted and that you're finally up and running. Hopefully you can now spend some time riding on your Pie powered beach cruiser instead of working on it. ;D

Alan

I second that and look forward to some pictures  ;D

Gary