Author Topic: Magic Pie versus Complete Novice (A Long Winded U.K Review)Sexy photos inside!!  (Read 30483 times)

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic

Whilst you are there Gary,,   Would it be easy to connect up a GM frog battery with a GM HBS motor kit?  and is there much difference between 250watt mini motors and 500 watt motors?

Andrew :)

Sorry somehow I missed this, must have had to many beer bottles in front of the screen again!

Yes the difference is dramatic. the mini motors are very small and light, the hbs 500w motors are much more bulky and heavy. As you would imagine the 500w motors have alot more power. Some people put a minimotor on the front and back to equal the power of the 500w. One main advantage of this is the ability of the minimotors to freewheel. So coasting or peddling has no resistance. The 500w HBS motors have quite alot of resistence and you could not peddle one far very easily.

Im sure others here can fill your head with stats graphs and numbers, I know more practical knowledge. like how much power a motor has when its trying to pull my fat azz up the street! There is a reason my bike is a Dual Pie Ride!

Gary

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
Hi Gary, thanks for replying, I never doubted that you wouldn't get back to me.

Andrew :)

Also, I've tested my software setup and it definately effects the strength of the regen braking when adjusted, so it is working and i'm programing correctly.  I've changed the voltage down to 24v again, and will do the 10 mile round trip to work today and will monitor performance the best I can, although I have no real way to monitor wattage and amperes