Author Topic: Magic Pie 3 front wheel axle issue  (Read 4684 times)

Offline Ernie_13

• Confirmed
Magic Pie 3 front wheel axle issue
« on: February 28, 2013, 01:29:03 AM »
Hi,

I just ordered my Magic Pie3 20´´ front wheel kit and was about to instal, when I realized that I can´t do it. I can not fit my MP3 front wheel to the fork - wheel is wider than my fork.
I measured inner space between my for and it is 10mm. Then I measured axle and got aprox. 12mm. As well I can see that axle length is not same on the left side as is on the right side. That made me thing that maybe instead of front wheel, they sent me back one...?

Here are some pictures. Is there anybody who can confirm that it is not front wheel? And If it is, where is problem? My fork looks to have standard size as most bikes...  :-[

Many thanks for help.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Magic Pie III front wheel axle issue
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 01:52:04 AM »

Hi Ernie andto the forum.

I can confirm from your pictures that you have been supplied with a 20" rear wheel instead of a 20" front wheel.

This is why it has the longer axle and also the threaded boss to receive the freewheel gear cluster.

I suggest you recheck your order details to confirm that you ordered and paid for the correct wheel and then contact the supplier if it is definitely their mistake.

Did you purchase this direct from GM in China, or from a local dealer?

Alan

Offline Ernie_13

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 02:02:25 AM »
Hi Alan,

I just checked my invoice and email comunication with GM-China and it says everywhere FRONT. So I´m going to contact them.
At least I know where is the problem. I hope that I will not have to pay for shipping it back and I´m even more curious if I will need to pay customs again for second package.

Thanks for help Alan.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 02:25:32 AM »

It might be useful to send those pictures with the email too.

Perhaps GM could arrange for your wheel to be exchanged at a local GM dealer instead of having to return it all the way to China.
It should be a lot quicker and would ensure you wouldn't have to pay customs charges again, so it might be worth asking them.

Please let us know the outcome.

Alan

Offline Ernie_13

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 07:58:04 PM »
Hi there,

so problem was luckily solved trough local dealer, so I did not have to send wrong wheel all the way back to China and wait to get new one. I was very lucky that local dealer had the right motor on the stock. Otherwise it wouldn´t be possible. ;)

Many thanks for help. :)

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 12:34:04 AM »
Hi Ernie,

I think it would be useful to know the name of your very helpful local dealer.  Good people are hard to find.

TTFN,
Dennis

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 02:09:18 AM »

It's good to hear you've been able to sort the problem without any major delays or additional customs charges. ;)

You might also want to check out this post for more information regarding tyres that fit correctly onto the 20" cast rim.

Alan

Offline OzGeeksGarage

• Confirmed
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 07:37:39 AM »
Ov course you could have just got adventerous with some sort of shaft/chain drive to the front from the cranks and had dual pedal power :)
Please excuse my crappy typing, I'm partially blind

Offline Ernie_13

• Confirmed
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 03:34:00 PM »
Hi Ernie,

I think it would be useful to know the name of your very helpful local dealer.  Good people are hard to find.

TTFN,
Dennis

Of course, good point.   :D

The local dealer, which helped me out was namely Jan Lindahl and his company Formel F. It is danish company (since I live in Denmark).  ;)
Code: [Select]
http://www.formelf.dk/
So many thanks again to everybody. :)