Author Topic: 26" rear MP3 48V internal controller and Lyen 12fet controller  (Read 3194 times)

Offline Eavinu

• Confirmed
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and tried searching for the answers prior to posting but couldn't find the accurate answers...

I have 26" rear MP3 and li-ion 48V 20A battery.
At the moment with the internal controller it is set on 100% acceleration and 100% top speed, 30A continuous and 70A peak.

It feels a bit weak (a friend of mine has 500W e-bike and my MP3 doesn't feel stronger than his bike), and the top speed is about 40kph on flat road.

I tried setting it to more than 30A but it doesn't save the setting of anything over 30A so I guess this is the limit of the internal controller?

I think of purchasing the Lyen 12 FET 3077 and prior to doing that I wanted to know (if anyone has the experience with it using 48V battery), how much faster will I be going on flat road and how stronger will I be able to run the MP3 with this controller?

Thanks,
Eran

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: 26" rear MP III 48V internal controller and Lyen 12fet controller
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 11:30:45 AM »
Hi andto the forum Eran.

Top speed is usually limited by the battery voltage, but I seem to recall that the Lyen controllers could be programmed for 120% speed, but I'm not sure whether the 3 speed switch was required in order to use it.

The Lyen 12 FET 3077 controllers were originally optimised for 72V, so you would need to ask Edward if he can supply one with the correct resistors fitted to suit your 48V battery (unless you plan on upgrading the battery too).

The 45 Amp setting should provide 50% more torque producing noticeably improved acceleration, but it will also drain your battery a lot quicker too. ;)

Alan