Author Topic: will the internal controller PI-0200I,work with the Magic Pie1  (Read 4767 times)

Offline alswiseowl

hi people,

just thought I would get some opinions before I modd my pie,i know some have done it with a external controller,

bt I was wondering if the internal PI-0200I work/fit in the Magic Pie1 motor..

i really want regen at 62v hot.,i know the PI-0200I is rated for 48v,but it may have the same 63v caps as the pie,so should take 62v just,but I don't get regen,

i would like the extra torque/amps thru the controller too,something like 40amps,i have some hi discharge lipos to suit to modd,but want some opinions before I modd,+ I would like to keep the pie modded internally,as I think the inbuilt controller is a good feature,but I may need a external controller cause of heat/problems not sure.

i would appreciate any input,and I will post up results as they happen
thanks for your time people
Alex

Offline Hardcore

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: will the internal controller PI-0200I,work with the Magic Pie1
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 04:25:02 PM »
why did you buy a Magic Pie?

Offline alswiseowl

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 01:47:38 AM »
hi hardcore..

well I bought the pie,mainly because someone local to me had brought in a few from when they initailly were released last year at a discounted price..i just bought one of them.

also I had never ridden anything more powerful than 36v sla 400watts before the pie...i actually have about 8 hubs at home,all different ones,geared hubs,some scooter style hubs to,but the Magic Pie is the best so far..

i know I should probably get goldenmotors 1000watt hub to run my 15s pack thru and run 40-50amps,instead of the pie..but I think the pie might be more efficient,not sure

again my main questions are,will the internal  PI-0200I controller work in the pie,fit in dimensions,+ have 63v caps..so I could just handle the 15s pack I have..i would like to keep the magicpie moddwith golden motors software(programm) + hardware(controller)..
thanks for your time
Alex

Offline Zebedee

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 12:21:05 AM »

PI-0200I is not a controller, it's just an interface cable. The cable is different for the internal and external controllers.