Author Topic: MP5 Manual  (Read 3589 times)

Offline OneBadWolf

• Confirmed
MP5 Manual
« on: March 07, 2017, 04:55:40 PM »

I have been searching for a Magic Pie 5 Owners and Instruction manual. I received no instructions, specifications or documentation when I purchased mine. Furthermore, I've been unable to locate any on the net.

The website I purchased from has a section filled with all sorts of quaint, and to various degrees helpful information, even a section with a User Guide for Magic Pie 4/5 Smart Pie 4/5, but it isn't. It is only a User Guide for the Magic Pie 4/Smart Pie 4.

I know, Caveat Emptor, but how difficult can it be to obtain a manual? I would appreciate it greatly if anybody could direct me to an actual MP5 manual.

It now strikes me that nobody is going to even read this, as after doing the sign up, fixing the HTML so the authentication link worked properly, only to find that a new member is corralled into this playpen, that perhaps my expectations are unreasonably high.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: MP5 Manual
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 11:06:46 PM »
Hi andto the forum.

even a section with a User Guide for Magic Pie 4/5 Smart Pie 4/5, but it isn't. It is only a User Guide for the Magic Pie 4/Smart Pie 4.

The only difference between the MP4 and the MP5 (and between the Smart Pie 4 and 5) is the Bluetooth connectivity:

I know, Caveat Emptor, but how difficult can it be to obtain a manual? I would appreciate it greatly if anybody could direct me to an actual MP5 manual.

I would say it is extremely difficult to obtain something that does not actually exist, which is why I am unable to direct you to an actual MP5 manual.  ;)

There is a lot of really good information on this site if you are prepared to search for it, but please feel free to ask for any specific details or further information that you cannot find.

It now strikes me that nobody is going to even read this, as after doing the sign up, fixing the HTML so the authentication link worked properly, only to find that a new member is corralled into this playpen, that perhaps my expectations are unreasonably high.

At least one person has read your post, and I am surprised to hear you have had problems opening your account, considering 314 new accounts have been opened so far this month without any reported problems.
(Although, to be fair, over 95% of these accounts have probably been opened by spammers.) >:(

Congratulations on being one of the lucky 5% of new forum members who have been granted permission to "leave the playpen" this week.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 11:20:47 PM by Bikemad »

Offline OneBadWolf

• Confirmed
Re: MP5 Manual
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 06:25:05 AM »
"The only difference between the MP4 and the MP5 (and between the Smart Pie 4 and 5) is the Bluetooth connectivity:"

I thought there were some pinout and connector differences, and that the MP5 was released before the Bluetooth.

I would say it is extremely difficult to obtain something that does not actually exist, which is why I am unable to direct you to an actual MP5 manual.

Thank you for confirming that, and thank you for the graphic of the Bluetooth app. That image, or even a short instruction brochure would have saved me a great deal of time, while I was trying to pair it.

"Congratulations on being one of the lucky 5% of new forum members who have been granted permission to "leave the playpen" this week. "

Thank You!